EU Law Office Garrigues - Avenue d' Auderghem, 22-28
B - 1040 Bruxelles (Belgique)
+32 2 545 37 00
+32 2 545 37 99
Since opening in 1985, the Garrigues Brussels office has been providing clients with highly specialized advice on all areas of EU and antitrust law.
Our team of lawyers is renowned for their technical excellence and proven experience in administrative and judicial procedures and proceedings before the courts and institutions of the European Union and of its Member States. Our lawyers advise clients on some of the main antitrust law matters at international level. They are widely recognized experts in areas such as State aid and have participated in over 100 disputes before the European courts.
- Antitrust law We habitually advise clients on the design and evaluation of commercial strategies, distribution and cooperation agreements, abuse of dominant position, control of concentrations and cartel investigation procedures. We regularly act in proceedings before the European Commission and the national competition authorities of different Member States.
- State aid and state and public intervention Garrigues has advised international organizations, EU Member States, and public and private companies on all types of matters relating to the application of State aid rules and other forms of state and public intervention. We assist clients in notification, investigation and recovery procedures, as well as in reporting, assessing and defending measures potentially constituting State aid and in relation to the grant of special and exclusive rights.
- Tariffs and trade defense measures Our lawyers have many years’ proven experience in anti-dumping, anti-subsidy and safeguard investigations, both before the European Commission and before the trade defense authorities of third countries, such as the United States or China. We act in complex proceedings, both as representatives of European industry and as advisers to exporters and importers.
- Litigation before the EU Courts We have represented clients in over 100 proceedings before the General Court and the Court of Justice of the European Union in actions for annulment, petitions for interim measures and cassation appeals relating to antitrust matters, State aid, regulated sectors and free movement, as well as in other areas of EU law.
- European funds We advise public entities and private beneficiaries to ensure that they comply with EU law when using funds received from the European Union. We also represent these entities in audit proceedings conducted by European institutions.
- Regulated sectors Our Brussels team has a wealth of expertise in advising clients on regulatory issues in a wide range of sectors, including digital platforms, telecommunications, energy, transportation, financial services, gambling and postal services. We also advise on matters relating to free movement of goods, freedom to provide services, freedom of establishment and free movement of capital in the Internal Market. We have extensive experience in reporting state laws and regulations that restrict such freedoms to the European Commission.
- EU tax law We consistently work alongside colleagues from Garrigues’ tax practice on a broad range of matters within national jurisdictions (such as State tax aid, international taxation, interpretation and litigation with respect to EU tax law).