Unai Miguel is a Principal Associate in the Garrigues Labor Department, where he advises on labor relations, human resources, and social security. His usual practice includes participation in proceedings before the Social and Administrative Litigation Jurisdiction.
Degree in Law, Deusto University 2009 and Master´s Degree in Business Law, Centro de Estudios Garrigues 2011.
Unai Miguel is Principal Associate in the Labor and Employment Law practice in Garrigues, joining the firm in 2009.
Throughout his professional career, he has participated in numerous projects, with extensive experience in the following areas, among others:
- Litigation practice.
- Collective labour relations: collective bargaining.
- Restructuring, collective layoff and ERTEs.
- Equality, diversity and work-life balance.
- Remote work, digital disconnection and new technologies.
- Remuneration and compensation.
- Working time and time recording.
- Trade union elections.
- Mergers and adquisitions.
- Due diligence processes and labour audits.
- Senior management.
- Degree in Law, Deusto University 2009.
- Master´s Degree in Business Law, Centro de Estudios Garrigues 2009-2011.
Bizkaia Bar Association
- On the appealability of judgments handed down in the processes of challenging disciplinary sanctions by companies and business freedom to impose sanctions in cases of confirmation of the qualification of the offense committed. Labor yearbook 2022:.
- COVID-19: news in the matter of adaptation and reduction of hours. Garrigues Labor Blog -Article conciliation measures (04/08/2020).
- Recording workers with hidden cameras does not necessarily violate the right to privacy. Garrigues Labor Blog - Doctrinal article video surveillance systems (10/31/2019).
- López Ribalda case: A revision of the doctrine of the TC on video surveillance?. Garrigues Labor Blog - Doctrinal article video surveillance systems (02/15/2018).
- Is the equal working conditions of the subcontracted employees and those of the client company appropriate? Garrigues Labor Blog (04/06/2017).