Rosa Zarza is the managing partner of Garrigues' global Labor and Employment Department, leading the strongest team in the European market with more than 180 labor and employment lawyers. She is a member of the Firm's management committee and is responsible for Sustainable Garrigues, leading the ESG Committee since 2021. As head of ESG at Garrigues, she coordinates cross-cutting and multidisciplinary advice to clients on the three pillars through 12 service lines. She is also responsible for leading the Firm's internal sustainability strategy.
In addition to the functions inherent to the management of the Department and leadership in the ESG area at Garrigues, she provides strategic advice in the areas of employment law and human resources to large companies and multinational groups. She has been involved in the most complex processes of corporate restructuring and sector and company collective bargaining.
Rosa is also academically and doctrinally active, being the director of the ESG executive program at Centro de Estudios Garrigues and a postgraduate lecturer at various institutions.
Rosa Zarza has been the managing partner of the global labour department since 2011, leading the strongest team in the European legal market with more than 180 lawyers. She is also in charge of the department in Portugal and in Latam as a team specializing in labour law in Mexico, Colombia, Peru and Chile. Since the same year, she has been a member of the firm's management committee. In 2021, she assumed the leadership of Sustainable Partner Garrigues and the chairmanship of the firm's ESG commitee.
She specializes in providing strategic labour law advice to large companies and multinational groups in different sectors (technology, finance, automotive, real estate, energy and distribution, among others). She has led the advice in relevant and complex restructuring and reorgnization processes with significant impact, and in sectorial collective bargaining such as the Insurance sector collective bargaining agreement, affecting more than 74,000 employees.
She is a leading expert in senior management issues, particularly in termination processes, complex remuneration systems, corporate transactions such as mergers, spin-offs, contributions of branches of activity, outsourcing and externalization processes.
- Law Degree from the Complutense University of Madrid (1985/1989).
- Master's Degree in Labour Law, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (1989/1990).
- Director of the Executive ESG Program Centro de Estudios Garrigues 2023.
- Lecturer on the Master's Degree in Business Law Centro de Estudios Garrigues.
- Lecturer in summer programs Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
- Lecturer on the Master's Degree in Access to the Legal Profession Universidad Carlos III.
- Lecturer on the ICAM master's degree in legal practice.
- Member of the Executive Committee of Forelab (Labour Relations Forum).
- Member of Asnala (Association of Labour Lawyers).
- Member of the Sustainability Commission of WLW.
- Member of the Academic Council of the ESG Forum of Fide.
- Member of the Academic Council of Fide's Labour Forum.
- Member of EELA (European Employment & Labour Association).
- Member of World Services Group.
- Accelerator Programme United Nations Global Compact.
- Member of Dirse (Asociación Directivos Sostenibilidad).
- Garrigues' representative on the CEOE's Labor Relations Committee.
- Garrigues representatives on the CEOE's Education and Training Committee.
- Garrigues representatives on the CEOE's Health and Social Affairs Committee.
- Best law professors 2023
- Best Labour Lawyer of the Year Award 2023
- Finalist best lawyer of the year
Best Lawyers 2023
Iberian Lawyer 2023
- Top 50 Women in the Legal Sector
- 100 Leading Women in the Legal Sector 2023
Leading Legal Labour
- Employment & Benefits WWL 2023
- Legal Influencer Q2 2023
Chambers Europe Spain 2022 Edition
- Leading Lawyer (Band 1)
As one of Spain's leading employment law experts, Rosa Zarza regularly advises on collective lay-off procedures and restructuring and M&A-related labour mandates. Designing internal policies in wake of the COVID-19 pandemic also falls within her area of expertise. Clients appreciate Rosa Zarza's "high level of acknowledgement and compromise with the client".
The Legal 500 Spain. 2022 Edition
- Hall of Fame
Rosa Zarza - very accessible, outstanding in knowledge and practical approach.osa Zarza - very accessible, outstanding in knowledge and practical approach.
Iberian Lawyer 2022
- Top 50 leading women in the legal sector in Spain and Portugal
- 30 best lawyers in Spain
Financial Times Awards 2022
- Final Shortlisted Innovative Lawyers Europe (Intrapeneur)
Who is Who Legal. 2022 Edition
- Leader in Labour, Employment & Benefits 2022
Lexology 2022 Edition
- Legal Influencer 2022 for Employment Europe
Women Legal Leader 2022 Edition
- International Employment Lawyer
Expansión 2022 Edition
- Finalist for Best Lawyer of the Year Expansión Jurídico Awards
Thomson Reuters 2022 Edition
- Stand out Lawyer 2022
Iberian Lawyer 2021 Edition
- Top Lawyer in Busines Law 2021
Economist & Iuris
- 20 Women Leaders of the Spanish Legal Profession
Iberian Lawyer 2020 Edition
- 50 Best Lawyers Business Law
Chambers 2016 Edition
- Eminent Practitioner
Client Choice Awards 2014 Edition
General Council of Lawyers
- 100 Women in the legal world
- The special employment relationship of lawyers in Law Firms 2022. Thomson Reuters Arazandi.
- The Future of Work in Spain. Impact of New Trends. Woltes Kluwers 2019.
- Law Notebooks for Engineers. The latest Labour Market Reforms 2013 Spain as a platform for business activity. Co-author of the book awarded in the V edition of the Circulo Empresarios Award 1999.
- The European Works Council: a reality. El País 1996.