André de Oliveira Correia is a principal associate in the Labor and Employment Law department, with a broad experience in these areas, to which he has dedicated exclusively his career.
He has been assisting and supervising wide and complex deals and restructuring procedures, such as collective dismissals, lay-off procedures, transfer of undertakings, labour due diligences and disciplinary procedures. He is also an expert in civil servants law matters, with regular assistance to public entities and companies in this area, including in restructuring procedures and due diligences.
Features in Chambers&Partners, Best Lawyers and Legal 500 guides, referenced in the Labor&Employment area.
He is a member of the Portuguese Bar Association.
André de Oliveira Correia is a principal associate in the Labor and Employment Law department of Garrigues, a firm he joined in 2008. In his activity, he has been advising companies in large and complex operations, namely:
- Hiring of workers (including senior management);
- Definition of working conditions applicable in the company;
- Draft of internal regulations and company policies on Human Resources matters;
- Company due diligences in employment, labor and social security matters;
- Restructurings, including collective dismissals;
- Changes in working conditions;
- Furlough procedures, such as suspension of labor contracts or reduction of normal working periods;
- Transfer of undertaking procedures;
- Disciplinary procedures.
He also has experience in advising and representing companies when dealing with employee's representatives, namely in:
- Negotiation of Collective Bargaining Agreements;
- Negotiating with workers' representatives (Workers Committee, union delegates , union or inter-union committees, union representatives, etc.)
- Strikes and other collective disputes with workers' representatives.
He also has vast experience in representing companies in legal actions on employment, labor and social security matters, as well as in any procedure before public authorities (Labor Authorities , Social Security, Commission for Equality in Labor and Employment, Employment and Professional Training Agency, etc.).
He extends his activity to clients from various economic sectors, as well as clients from the public sector.
- Degree in Law, Universidade Católica Portuguesa, Porto.
- Master’s Degree in Private Law (thesis in Labour Law), Universidade Católica Portuguesa, Porto.
- Post-graduate in Labour Law, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Continuing training course in Labour Proceedings, Universidade do Porto.
Usually invited to lecture in several teaching institutions in the areas of Employment, Labor and Social Security Law, namely:
- Universidade Católica Portuguesa;
- Instituto Superior de Administração e Gestão (ISAG);
- Universidade do Minho;
- Universidade Europeia.
Member of the Portuguese Bar Association.
Ranked in several directories in the area of Labor and Employment law:
- Chambers & Partners;
- Best Lawyers;
- Legal 500.
Numerous articles and publications, notably including those published in recent years in the specialist Portuguese journal:
- “A few notes regarding the new Employment Conmpensation Fund regimen and its financing”*, in Questões Laborais, no. 43;
- “The (not so) new work schedules of the civil servants’ general careers: lost between law and the collective bargaining agreement”*, in Questões Laborais, no. 45.
(*) Originally published in Portuguese. See Portuguese version of CV for more details.