Juan Antonio is the partner in charge of Garrigues' Alicante office, where he has held this position since April 2016.
He is also the partner in charge of the Tax Department at the office and has been working at the firm since 1995, when he joined after completing his studies.
He specialises in the areas of M&A, family businesses, corporate restructurings and reorganisations, real estate, the hotel sector and taxation of public administrations. He has extensive experience in tax audits and in the resolution of all types of disputes. He advises international groups, family businesses and their partners, as well as companies and public bodies.
He holds a degree in Economics and Business Studies from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid and a Master's Degree in Tax Consultancy from the Escuela de la Empresa de Valencia. He is a regular contributor and speaker at courses and seminars. He has
Juan Antonio has spent his entire professional career at the firm in the area of Tax Law, where he joined in 1995 in the Valencia office, moving to the Alicante office in 1999. He was appointed senior associate in 2000 and partner of the Tax Law Department in 2008.
He has extensive experience in advising multinational groups and has participated in numerous transactions involving the purchase and sale of companies and businesses, separation of partners, resolution of family conflicts, business succession, corporate reorganisations, tax audits, etc.
He holds the position of non-director secretary in some of the main business groups in the province of Alicante, as well as various positions in associations, such as the German Bernácer Economic Debate Forum.
He is a member of the College of Economists of Alicante and collaborates through the firm with the Family Business Association of the Province of Alicante (AEFA), the Business Confederation of the Valencian Community (CEV), the Chamber of Commerce of Alicante, the Institute of Economic Studies of the Province of Alicante (INECA), etc.
He is a regular lecturer on the Master's Degree in Business Legal Consultancy and the Master's Degree in Business Tax Consultancy at FUNDESEM, an institution where he has also taught on the Master's Degree in Auditing and Business Management, and the Master's Degree in Business Management (MBA). He is also a regular speaker at seminars and conferences at the firm and at various centres, as well as a regular contributor to various publications.
- Complutense University of Madrid. Degree in Economics and Business Studies. June 1995.
- Business School (Valencia). Master's Degree in Tax Consultancy. June 1996.
- He is a regular lecturer on the Master's Degree in Corporate Legal Consultancy and the Master's Degree in Corporate Tax Consultancy at FUNDESEM.
- He has been a lecturer on the Master's Degree in Auditing and Business Management, and on the Master's Degree in Business Management (MBA) at FUNDESEM.
- Regular speaker and organiser of courses and seminars.
- Regular speaker at conferences and talks organised by Universities, Professional Associations, Business Associations, Non-Profit Associations, etc.
- Member of the College of Economists of Alicante.
- Non-director secretary on several boards of directors of business groups.
- Member of several committees for clients of the firm.
- Member of the steering committee of the German Bernácer Economic Debate Forum.
Recurrently and periodically recognised in the different editions organised by the US publication "Best Lawyers" in the Tax Law category, which recognises the practice of the candidates according to the assessment of other professionals who vote for the nominees they consider worthy of this international distinction.
- Contributions to the Spanish Tax System by José María Piernas Hurtado (1843-1911). (DIEZ ECONOMISTAS ESPAÑOLES DEL SIGLO XIX).
- The True and Fair View and the Spanish National Chart of Accounts (Nueva Etapa).
- New Tax Developments in 2011 (Información).
- New Tax Developments in 2012 (Información).
- Comments on the Special Tax Return (El Mundo, May 2012)