José Ignacio García Muniozguren joined the Madrid office in 1990 and is the partner responsible for the Casablanca office since its opening in 2005. He is specialized in corporate and tax law. He advises on mergers, acquisitions and planning of foreign investments in Morocco.
He has been ranked in several editions of Chambers & Partners, Legal 500 e IFLR 1000.
He joined the firm in the Madrid office in 1990 and was admitted as a partner in 2002. He manages the Casablanca office, the opening of which in 2005 was his responsbility. He is specialized in corporate and tax law.
In the Madrid office he advised major multinational groups in mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations and earned a broad experience in tax litigation.
From Casablanca he advises multinational groups of different sectors (manufacturing, hospitality, agribusiness, maritime, services, etc.) in mergers, acquisitions and planning of investments in Morocco.
His working languages are English, French, Spanish and Italian.
- Degree in Law. Deusto University.
- Maîtrise en droit privé. Bordeaux University.
- Associate’s Degree in Advanced Business Administration. San Telmo Business School.
He is a frequent speaker in conferences and seminars on legal and tax matters held in Spain, Morocco and other countries.
- Chambers & Partners 2023. Ranked for twelfth consecutive year with the following reviews from clients:
"He is reliable and always gives me clear and direct legal suggestions which are very helpful."
"José makes things really easy."
- Legal 500 2023. Ranked with the following reviews from clients:
- IFLR 1000 2023. Highly regarded.
He has written many articles on international taxation and on Moroccan legal issues on several Spanish and foreign newspapers and magazines.
He has also coauthored the following works:
- “Treasury Shares Guide-Morocco”, (International Bar Association, 2012).
- “Guide on Shareholders’ Agreements-Morocco”, (International Bar Association, 2011).
- “Guide to Takeovers in Morocco” (International Bar Association, 2007).
- “Tax news 2004” (La Ley, Madrid, 2004).
- “Tax news 2003” (La Ley, Madrid, 2003).