Ana Isabel Batista is a principal associate in the Tax Department at Garrigues Portugal, specializing in tax litigation.
Ana Isabel Batista joined the Tax Department at Garrigues Portugal in 2010.
She specializes in tax litigation and has an extensive experience in all stages of tax disputes (administrative, judicial and arbitration). She represents national and international clients, operating in different sectors of activity, such as financing and banking, energy, services and industry.
- Intensive Course on Cryptocurrency: Taxation, Accounting and Regulation, IDEFF - Instituto de Direito Económico, Financeiro e Fiscal da Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de Lisboa (2021).
- Summer Course in International Tax Law - Tax Treaties, International Tax Center Leiden (2020).
- Post-graduation in Administrative and Tax Justice, CEDIPRE - Centro de Estudos de Direito Público e Regulação da Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de Coimbra (2012).
- Post-graduation in Tax Law, IDEFF - Instituto de Direito Económico, Financeiro e Fiscal da Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de Lisboa (2010/2011).
- Degree in Law, Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de Lisboa (2002/2007).
She is member of the Portuguese Bar Association since 2010.
- In 2023 she was recommended in "Tax Law" by Best Lawyers.
- She has been recongnised since 2017 by International Tax Review, "Women in Tax Leaders".