Juan José Barragán is partner in charge of Garrigues offices in Castilla y León (Valladolid) and Asturias (Oviedo) and practices at Corporate Law and Commercial Contracts Department.
He is the legal advisor of main companies in this geographical area.
Juan José has participated in the main operations of M&A and structured financing in this area, or involving companies located in the region, defending both financial and industrial investors as family shareholders or management, leading multidisciplinary teams in due diligence process, shareholders conflicts, company and/or family restructuring and estate planning.
He is recurrent legal advisor of family and multinational companies located in the area from different sectors (agro-alimentary, automotive and aeronautics suppliers, robotics, renewable energies...)
Juan José Barragán is partner at Corporate Law and Commerical Contracts Department from 2006, and he joined to the firm in 1993.
He has participated in the main operations of M&A and structured financing in this geographical area, or involving companies located in the region, as for instance the next:
- Advising to “ACITURRI AERONÁUTICA, S.L.” in: (i) acquisition of 75,95% of “ALESTIS AEROESPACE, S.L.” (“Alestis”) to “AIRBUS DEFENCE AND SPACE, S.A.U.”, “AIRBUS OPERATIONS S.L.U" and "UNICAJA"; (ii) investment and shareholders agreement with the other Alestis´ shareholder, SOCIEDAD ESTATAL DE PARTICIPACIONES INDUSTRIALES (SEPI); (iii) sindicated financing of investment and refinancing of previous sindicated financing agreement; y (iv) Commercial support agreement for Alestis between Aciturri and Airbus Group.
- Advising to "HIPERBARIC, S.A." and their shareholders in: (i) acquisition of the majority of share capital by the own company, its managing shareholders, INNVIERTE (CDTI) and family offices to "CARTERA DE INVERSIONES DULARRA, S.A." and to funds managed by Alantra, who stay in the share capital as minority shareholder; y (ii) shareholders agreement.
- Advising to "ACITURRI AERONÁUTICA, S.L." in acquisition of 100% of the french company "MALICHAUD ATLANTIQUE", in competitive process cordinating a multidisciplinary team of lawyers and tax advisors from UK and France.
- Advising to "NARA SOLAR, S.L." in project financing by Banco Santander with option to sindicate of a portfolio of projects of renewable energy (greenfield) with an agregate power of more than 3,000 MWp.
- Advising to "ROCKET HALL, S.L." shareholders in the sale of 100% of the company, holding of a group with Spanish and Latam subsidiaries, tow "GRUPO KONECTANET S.L.".
- Advising to "UNIVERGY INTERNATIONAL, S.L." in: (i) acquisition by "GREENVOLT", listed portuguese company of 50% of "UNIVERGY AUTOCONSUMO, S.L.", mainly by means of a capital increase.
- Advising to “EAST ATLANTIC PORT, S.L.” in: (i) the sale of the majority of share capital of “VIVEROS MERIMAR, S.L.” to “ANGULAS AGUINAGA, S.A.”, which mayority shareholder is “PORTOBELLO CAPITAL”; and (ii) shareholders agreement.
- Advising to "EGUÍA GROUP" in: (i) acquisition of 95% of "FRUTOS SECOS MEDINA" and call option of the other 5% owned by management; and (ii) sale by "FRUTOS SECOS MEDINA" to APEX of the chips and snacks business of the company, including the maquinary involved in these business lines.
- Advising to "UNIVERGY INTERNATIONAL S.L." in different sales of project of renewable energy (greenfield) and development and service agreements.
- Adivising to "NARA SOLAR, S.L." in acquisitions and call options of different projects of renewable energy.
Degree in Law (1992) and Degree in Economics and Business Administration (1993) from Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICAI-ICADE).