Ferran Escayola is a partner in Garrigues' Corporate Department in Barcelona and co-heads the firm's US & Canada Desk. From 2010 until the end of 2016 he headed Garrigues' New York office. He currently coordinates the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) group in Barcelona, Palma and Zaragoza.
Ferran advises multinationals, investment banks, private equity funds (LPs, GPs and targets) and asset management companies, private banks (family offices) and industrial and services companies on their investments in Spain and their internationalization processes in the United States and Latin America, particularly on acquisitions, sales of both shares and assets, mergers, acquisition finance, corporate and debt restructurings, related-party transactions, strategic alliances and joint ventures. He also advises on transactional matters related to the pharmaceutical sector, sports and entertainment industry (including leisure and gaming) and on foreign investment aspects (FDI) of multijurisdictional projects.
Educated in Spain and the United States, Ferran is also a member of several domestic and international associations and regularly publishes in M&A and Private Equity forums and publications.
Ferran Escayola joined the firm in 1999 and has been a partner since 2008. In 2005-2006, Ferran worked (as a foreign associate) in the M&A department of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP in New York.
He has developed his professional career representing public and private companies, multinationals, investment banks, private equity funds and fund managers, family offices and industrial and service companies in their investments in Spain and in their internationalization processes in the United States and Latin America.
Ferran specializes in corporate transactions, M&A, acquisitions of both shares and assets such as mergers, acquisition finance, corporate and debt restructurings, related-party transactions, strategic alliances and joint ventures, usually with an international component and has carried out transactions in Spain, the United States, the United Arab Emirates, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Singapore and China, among other jurisdictions.
Some of its clients include:
- Hard Rock International
- Centene Corporation
- SVH Energy
- Capital International
- Noatum Holdings
- Duravant LLC
- Amplifon Spa
- Grupo Cirsa
- Grupo Ferrer International
- Lineage Logistics
- Grupo Indukern
- JD / Law Degree from the Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona (UAB) with a specialization in European Union Law (Jean Monet Chair).
- LL.M. in International Economic Law from Howard Law School (Washington DC) (Honors).
- P.O.N. from Harvard Law School (Boston).
Ferran regularly gives courses and lectures at the Barcelona Bar Association and other academic and social institutions.
Ferran is a member of:
- The Barcelona Bar Association
- The American Bar Association (ABA)
- The International Bar Association (IBA)
- Círculo de Economía and Real Círculo del Liceo de Barcelona
- Harvard Law School Alumni and the Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP Alumni Association
In addition; Ferran collaborates, amongst other associations with the US Navy Seal Foundation and with Endeavor Spain as a mentor.
Since 2008, Ferran regularly appears in the Spanish edition of “Best Lawyers” and has been recognized as a "leading lawyer" by Chambers & Partners Global: Leading Lawyers for Business on several occasions; in the "40 under 40" awards by The M&A Advisor in the United States and by The Iberian Lawyer in Spain.
- International Comparative Legal Guides: Private Equity (2019-2020 / 2021-2022)
- Global Legal Insights – Mergers & Acquisitions 2022 (Spain)
- The International Comparative Legal Guide - Mergers & Acquisitions 2023 (Spain)