The Garrigues Life Sciences & Healthcare team has extensive experience in providing professional advice to clients in the pharmaceuticals, healthcare, biotechnology and life sciences sector taking a multidisciplinary and client-centric approach.
We advise on the different branches of business law, such as regulatory compliance, commercial contracts, public procurement from pharmaceutical companies and manufacturers of medical devices, intellectual property, mergers, acquisitions and financing, data protection, tax law, antitrust law, litigation and product liability, among others.
Our clients include pharmaceutical companies and biotech firms; manufacturers and marketers of medical devices; producers of functional foods; manufacturers and marketers of cosmetics; public and private hospitals; distributors; entities involved in research and development in the sector; investment funds; foundations; and companies and business groups in the pharmaceutical, healthcare and biotechnology sector, and in the life sciences sector in general.
- Advice on compliance and regulatory issues affecting the sector. Public procurement.
- Pricing and reimbursement for medicinal products and medical devices.
- Advice on aid, subsidies, hospital finance and other related issues.
- Mergers, acquisitions and other transactions, mainly joint ventures using corporate vehicles, mergers, spin-offs and restructurings of business groups, venture capital investments in all phases and funding rounds, special financial transactions or public offerings of securities.
- Protection of patents and trademarks.
- Patent infringement and invalidity proceedings, technology transfer, obtainment of strategic patents at international level and submission of challenges to patent applications.
- Notification procedures for concentrations and in relation to vertical and horizontal agreements.
- Digital health, data protection and privacy.
- Comprehensive tax advice.
- Drafting and review of contracts, including manufacturing and distribution contracts, clinical trials, etc.
- Antitrust law, procedures for notification of concentrations and advice on vertical and horizontal agreements.
- Representation and defense of clients in administrative and court proceedings.