Garrigues provides comprehensive corporate law advice to listed and unlisted companies over their entire lifetime, helping them find solutions to all their legal needs. We offer tailored business solutions, taking into account the context in which companies pursue their business and the jurisdictions in which they operate.
We are an international group of renowned experts recognized by the main international legal directories. As well as our technical prowess, we offer specialist knowledge and proven experience in all sectors and industries. This ensures that we participate in the largest and most complex deals in the markets we operate in.
We have the capability not only to cover the business law aspects of these types of transactions (tax, labor, administrative, antitrust matters, etc.) but also to lead the coordinating and execution of deals with a significant international component involving multiple jurisdictions. Our work is geared towards simplifying the complexities inherent in corporate transactions, taking care of our clients beyond each specific corporate transaction, at every stage of their business activity.
Our added value stems from our total commitment to our clients and to achieving their goals: we allocate the best resources to each project and actively participate in the design, selection and implementation of the deal structure.
We provide services to all types of companies, as well as to their minority and majority shareholders, and their managing bodies.
- Constitution of companies.
- Reform and updating of bylaws and internal regulations
- Capital increases and reductions.
- Analysis of the legal issues relating to the transfer of shares and interests; support for or direct performance of the role of secretary to the board of directors or other management bodies.
- Drafting, negotiation and advice in relation to shareholders’ agreements.
- Legal and contractual issues relating to the composition and election of managing bodies, dividend policies, director compensation systems, the international relocation of the registered office and, in general, to all corporate matters.
- Corporate governance and sustainability aspects.
- Business restructuring and alteration of legal form (mergers, spin-offs, global transfers of assets and liabilities, etc.), at both national and international level.
- Defense of the interests of the company, its shareholders or directors in situations of potential corporate conflict.
- Preparation, negotiation, analysis and interpretation of commercial contracts.
When it comes to M&A deals, we advise public, private and industrial companies and businesses, financial investors, private equity companies and their managers, both national and international (whether acting as buyers or sellers), as well as the target company itself and/or its management team.
- Corporate acquisitions (share deals and asset deals).
- Competitive procurement processes, advising on all legal and procedural aspects necessary to ensure the proper conduct of the process.
- Legal due diligence of target companies, assets and businesses in corporate transactions.
- Agreements for the sale and purchase of companies, assets and business units, joint ventures, strategic alliances and other corporate transactions (mergers, spin-offs, etc.), including all legal documentation necessary for the transaction, as well as advice, preparation, negotiation and execution of the supplementary agreements that generally accompany this type of transaction (agreements for the provision of transitional services, leases, commercial services, financing, etc.).
- Advice to companies and groups on the preparation and planning of corporate transactions of all kinds.
- Public M&A deals, including the planning and execution of tender offers, defense measures, delisting processes (public to private), etc.
The Government of Mexico calls to bid for the procurement of drilling services for geothermal wells in Baja California, Michoacán and Jalisco
The deadline to submit offers for the five wells located on the two parcels is October 16.
Key Developments in the Laws and Regulations of China in 2023
This newsletter selects and briefs key developments in the laws and regulations of China in relation to foreign investment until August 2023 for your reference.
The EU Regulation on foreign subsidies that distort the internal market enters into application and its Implementing Regulation is adopted
The new regulation clarifies the rules, notification obligations and procedures related to the application of the new regulation on financial contributions granted by third states to companies operating in the EU.
Spain: Publication of the long-awaited royal decree on foreign investment implementing Law 19/2003
The new regulations in Spain, which enter into force on September 1, provide greater clarity and legal certainty to the rules governing foreign investments.