David has been a lawyer at Garrigues since 2007. He is a principal associate and head of the public procurement practice and the defense and space practice.
He has advised clients in the energy, construction, communications, defense and space sectors on public tender procedures, representing them in negotiations with various public entities. He is an expert in negotiating public contracts and in providing legal advice during the execution of such contracts. Throughout his career, he has participated in infrastructure projects for the construction of roads, railroads and energy facilities (gas turbine plants, combined cycle plants, wind-powered plants and PV plants).
Over the last 16 years, he has also actively advised on major greenfield investments in Poland, amassing broad experience in several areas of the law and in-depth know-how of the Polish market, enabling him to offer comprehensive advice on all types of investment in Poland.
David is a principal associate and head of the public procurement practice and the defense and space practice.
Over his professional career, he has participated in highly complex processes in different sectors, including:
- Advice on the preparation of bids in public tender processes and representing clients before public entities.
- Negotiation of public contracts with public entities, such as Polish State Railways (PKP), the Directorate-General of National Roads and Motorways (GDDKiA), the Armament Agency of the Polish Ministry of Defense (Agencja Uzbrojenia), the Polish Air Navigation Services Agency (PANSA), the State-owned power company (PGE), as well as Polish cities and universities.
- Legal advice on the execution of public contracts and on resolution of disputes between the contractor and the contracting authority during the implementation of the project.
- Representation of clients before the Polish National Appeals Chamber (KIO) as well as before the ordinary courts.
- Representation of clients before the ICC Court of International Arbitration in Paris and the Polish Chamber of Commerce (KIG).
He also advises on direct investments by foreign companies in Poland, including:
- Advice on the entire process for greenfield investment or business acquisition
- Advice on investments where the other party is a public entity (negotiation with public entities such as port authorities, cities, regional authorities and State-owned enterprises).
He speaks Spanish, Polish and English.
Degree in law, Faculty of Law, Universidad de San Sebastián.
Postgraduate degree in Commercial Law, Uniwersytet Warszawski.