The Garrigues Sports service offers 360º legal and tax advice to a wide range of entities, operators and organization queoperating in all areas that have an impact on sporting activity.
Our multidisciplinary team, made up of experts with broad experience and knowledge of the sports industry and its regulatory complexities, provides comprehensive advice on all areas of sports law. We are backed by the prestige, solvency and legal and tax structure found only in a law firm like Garrigues, enabling us to offer unparalleled value in the different services we provide, regardless of their complexity.
Garrigues’ office network spanning four continents is another of our competitive advantages. Our main objective: to maintain ongoing dialog with our clients in order to help them achieve their goals.
We have a long history as advisers to premier entities in the sports industry, and we have taken part in high-impact transactions and deals in the sector. We provide services to sports associations and federations, sports clubs and corporations, investment funds, financial institutions, international organizations, event organizers, sponsors, representation agencies and athletes.
- Transfer of sports entities, due diligence reviews, analysis of investment structures, preparation and review of contracts and assistance with regulatory matters.
- Finance deals and project finance, design and analysis of financing formulas, drafting and review of contracts and security.
- Ongoing tax advice to clubs, sports corporations (SAD) in Spain, associations and federations, providing assistance and representation in inspections and disputes.
- Labor litigation, negotiation and termination of contracts, and disciplinary proceedings.
- Sports legislation.
- Major events: host bids, venue contracts, sponsorship and merchandising contracts, tax incentives for programs supporting events of exceptional public interest.
- Intellectual property, image rights and brand protection.
- Tax, corporate/commercial and labor advice in national and international player transfers.
- Individuals: in Spain, personal income tax, nonresident income tax and wealth tax returns; tax residence and matters relating to expatriate and inbound expatriate athletes; tax inspections and tax disputes.
- Lawsuits in relation to violation of the right to honor, privacy and personal portrayal.
- Antitrust proceedings.
- Sports-related arbitration and litigation at domestic and international level.