Marta Veludo dos Santos is a Senior Associate in the Litigation and Arbitration and Restructuring and Insolvency Department at Garrigues, where she has collaborated since 2018. She represents the Department's clients in civil, commercial and criminal litigation, plus advising them in the pre-litigation scope of such areas. She holds a law degree from the Portuguese Catholic University - Porto Law School and has more than 15 years of experience. She regularly advises clients in pre-contractual and contractual matters and in due diligence processes. In addition to expressing herself proficiently in Portuguese and English, she also communicates in Spanish.
Marta Veludo dos Santos joined Garrigues in 2018 and is a Senior Associate in the Litigation and Arbitration practice area.
Throughout her professional career, she has been actively working in the practice areas of civil and criminal litigation, arbitration and insolvency.
Before joining Garrigues, she collaborated for approximately 9 years in the Litigation and Arbitration Practice Area of Morais Leitão, Galvão Teles, Soares da Silva & Associados and for 2 years as a senior associate at DLA Piper ABBC.
She also held a secondment at Clausen Miller LLP in the area of insurance law, advising on two high value cases involving machinery breakage claims in South American terminals.
She has extensive experience in dispute resolution arising from contractual and corporate disputes in a wide range of sectors, in particular energy, construction, aviation, banking, real estate and consumer law, and in pre-insolvency and insolvency matters.
She regularly advises on due diligences and administrative offence proceedings.
She is proficient in English and Portuguese and also communicates in Spanish.
- Law Degree from the Faculty of Law of the Portuguese Catholic University - Porto (2007).
- Attendance of the European and International Economic Crime Specialization Course at the Institute for Economic and European Criminal Law of the University of Coimbra (2011).
- Specialization Course in European Civil Procedural Law in Coimbra’s European Studies Association (2009).
- Member of the Portuguese Bar Association since 2010.
- Member of the Portuguese Association of Women Legal Professionals.
Presence in the following directories:
- Best Lawyers;
- Legal 500