Diego D'Alma is a partner of the Tax Department of Garrigues. A lawyer specializing in international taxation in Spain and in processes for the internationalization of companies and the international mobility of executives and entrepreneurs, he has advised Spanish and European (particularly German) multinationals, executives and entrepreneurs.
Diego has a degree in Law from Universidad de Malaga, and he has completed law courses at University of Hamburg (Germany) and the Anglo-American Law Program at Universidad de Navarra.
He is a member of the firm’s International Taxation service line and of the Asia-Pacific Desk. He is also a member of the Malaga Bar Association.
Diego has spent his entire professional career at Garrigues, having joined in 2004. He became a partner in 2018 and provides advice from the Malaga office on the international tax implications of foreign investments in Spain and China, as well as on emerging markets, advising European and Latin American clients from a broad range of industries on a wide variety of projects.
He advises Spanish and European (mainly German) multinationals, executives and entrepreneurs.
He has headed the firm’s tax practice in China.
He speaks Spanish, German, English and Italian.
- Degree in Law, Universidad de Málaga (Spain)
- Law courses, University of Hamburg (Germany)
- Anglo-American Law Program, Universidad de Navarra (Spain)
- Interpretation and application of Tax Treaties & Principles of Transfer Pricing course. IBFD International Tax Academy (The Netherlands)
- IBFD Advanced Professional Certificate in International Taxation
Diego is a regular speaker at seminars and conferences on taxation and on the legal regime governing foreign investment in China, and also gives talks in relation to Chinese investments abroad, such as the talk given at the invitation of the Shanghai Municipal Trade Commission, in conjunction with Shanghai Jiao Tong University, or in Spain at San Telmo Business School.
He has lectured on taxation at the University of Malaga.
- Malaga Bar Association. Member no. 6968.
- Member of the firm’s International Taxation service line and of the Asia-Pacific Desk.
- Chambers & Partners Asia Pacific Guide 2013: Diego was named a Key Individual in the China Tax, Foreign Firms section.
- Singled out in the China Tax area in Chambers and Legal 500 guides (2014 and 2015).
- National Chairman of the Spanish Chamber of Commerce in China between 2010 and 2014.
He is a member of the Editorial Board of China Tax Intelligence, published by CCH, a body specializing in Chinese taxation of foreign investments, and is a regular contributor to the Latin America - Asia Pacific Observatory and Tianjin Business Magazine. He has also has coauthored the book “Doing Business Safely in China”, published by LID Publishing, and the “Guía Práctica para la Inversión Española en China” (Practical Guide for Spanish Investment in China) published by Moneda Única.
- “Régimen fiscal en China para Fusiones y Adquisiciones: el nuevo marco regulador” (The tax regime in China for mergers and acquisitions: the new regulatory framework), published by the Latin America-Asia Pacific Observatory.
- “Hong Kong y las inversiones extranjeras en China continental” (Hong Kong and foreign investments in continental China), published by the Latin America-Asia Pacific Observatory.