José Manuel Martín is a lawyer in the Madrid office, became a partner in 2003, and co-heads Garrigues' Private Equity practice. He focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions and private equity. His professional practice also includes corporate advice, particularly in the context of corporate restructuring operations. He is recognised as leading lawyer in the M&A and private equity practices by the main international legal directories (Chambers&Partners, Legal500, Best Lawyers and LeadersLeague).
José Manuel Martín is a lawyer in the Madrid office. He joined Garrigues in 1993, where he has spent his entire professional career, and became a partner in the Corporate Law department in 2003. He co-heads the Private Equity practice area in Garrigues.
He specialises in M&A and, particularly, in private equity transactions (in which practice he has extensive experience and recognition), advising national and international funds, in the framework of auction or proprietary processes, and in a wide range of sectors (including food, retail and pharma, among others). He also advises large industrial operators and family groups on corporate transactions as well as on corporate and commercial issues.
José Manuel also has extensive experience in corporate advisory services, joint venture agreements and corporate restructurings of Spanish and multinational groups.
He has acted as Secretary for numerous companies.
Law Degree, UNED, Madrid (1992).
- At the Centro de Estudios Garrigues, he lectured for several years on the Master's Degree in Business Law.
- At the Madrid Bar Association, he lectured for several years in the Diploma in Corporate Law.
- Madrid Bar Association.
- SpainCap (Association of Venture Capital & Private Equity Entities in Spain).
José Manuel is recognised as a leading lawyer by the most relevant international directories:
- Chambers&Partners Europe: "Private Equity".
- Legal 500: "Private Equity".
- Leaders League: "Corporate y M&A" and "Private Equity" .
- Best Lawyers: "Corporate and M&A Law", "Private Equity Law" and "Family Business Law".
- “Acciones sin voto y acciones rescatables” in the collective work La Sociedad Cotizada, Editorial Marcial Pons, Madrid 2006
- “La Escisión” in the collective work Estudios Jurídicos sobre Operaciones de Reestructuración Societaria, Editorial Thomson Aranzadi, Madrid 2008.
- “Régimen de inversiones de la actividad de capital riesgo en la Ley 22/2014“ in the monograph La nueva regulación del Capital Riesgo según la Ley 22/2014, de 12 de noviembre, Revista Española de Capital Riesgo, nº2/2015.