José Luis Palao has been a partner in the Garrigues Corporate Department since 2009, where he has spent his entire professional career since 1998. He is specialized in Corporate and Capital Markets Law, being considered an expert in variable income issues (sale offers and subscription of shares, capital increases, admission to listing of shares in regulated markets and multilateral trading systems), fixed income (bonds, convertible bonds, Euro Medium Term Notes, commercial paper, etc.) and financial hybrids. He also advises on takeover bids. Likewise, he has extensive experience in advising listed companies and performs the work of secretary of the board of directors in companies admitted to trading.
- Degree in Law Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
- Master's Degree in Business Law, Centro de Estudios Garrigues.
- Fundamentals of American Law and the Common law methodology (2008-2009), Centro de Estudios Garrigues.
- The International Capital Markets Review 2011. Law Business Research. Co-author of the chapter referring to the regulation in Spain of the Stock Market.
- The International Capital Markets Review 2012. Law Business Research. Co-author of the chapter referring to the regulation in Spain of the Stock Market.
- Securities World 2011. The European Lawyer Reference. Co-author of the chapter referring to the regulation in Spain of the Stock Market.
He has published articles in various publications such as International Law Review, International Law Office, Actualidad Jurídica Aranzadi, etc.