Diego Rodriguez is a partner in Garrigues' Tax Law Department.
He specializes in international tax, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), private equity and venture capital, taxation of artists and sportspeople and entities from the world of sports and entertainment. Moreover, he also advises a number of clients in the pharmaceutical sector.
He has been a lecturer in international taxation at the Faculty of Law at Universidad Ramon Llull (ESADE) since 1998/1999.
Diego Rodríguez is a member of the Barcelona Bar Association.
Diego Rodríguez is a partner in Garrigues’ Tax Law Department, where he has pursued his entire professional career. He started out in September 1990 at Arthur Andersen Asesores Legales y Tributarios, which subsequently merged with what is today known as J&A Garrigues, where he continues to work. He made partner in September 2003.
During his professional career, he has been involved in a number of corporate reorganizations and transactions, advising in tax matters both multinational clients investing in Spain and Spanish clients investing abroad.
Degree in Law from Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona (June 1989).
He has been a lecturer in international taxation at the Faculty of Law at Universidad Ramon Llull (ESADE) since 1998/1999 and on the Master’s Degree in Tax Advice and Management (AGT) at ESADE.
He has contributed regularly as a lecturer in taxation on the Master’s Degree in Science and Innovation Leadership and Management organized by Institut d’ Educació Continuada (IDEC) at Universidad Pompeu Fabra.
Lecturer on the taxation of artistes and sportspersons in the Executive Programme in Management of Sporting Entities at the Centro de Estudios Garrigues, also on the Master’s Degree in Sports Management organized by IDEC for Universidad Pompeu Fabra (UPF) and also on the Alfredo di Stefano Master’s Degree in the Management of Sports Entities sponsored by Fundación del Real Madrid and organized by Universidad Europea de Madrid.
Regular contributor to seminars and publications (“International Tax Review”, etc.) specializing in international taxation and sports & entertainment.
- Coauthor of the book “Sports Law in Spain 1975-2005”, Ignacio Jiménez Soto and Estanislao Arana García (coordinators), chapter on “Sports Law and Tax Law”, published in November 2005, in Seville, by the Andalucía Autonomous Community Department of Tourism, Trade and Sports.
- Coauthor of the book “Legal Studies on Corporate Restructuring Transactions” published by the Garrigues Collection (Editorial Thomson Aranzadi), chapter on “Corporate migration: a multidisciplinary review”.
- Article published in EXPANSION on November 20, 2010: “The taxation of the bonuses of the Spanish national team”.
- Article published in EXPANSION on July 3, 2012: “The bonuses of the Spanish national team will not be taxed in Poland and the Ukraine”.
- Article published in the December 2011 issue of the INTERNATIONAL TAX REVIEW: “Treaty and TIEA Update – New tax treaty with Germany and new protocol with Switzerland. List of tax havens shortened”.