Begoña Iglesias Rayo is counsel in the Corporate Department at Garrigues, where she practices in the areas of Real Estate, Planning and Zoning, and Corporate Law and Commercial Contracts practices and is a member of the Tourism & Hotels industry group.
Her areas of expertise notably include real estate, planning and zoning, as well as tourism in general and the hotel industry in particular. She has advised numerous Spanish and international companies in this industry and also acts as secretary to the corporate bodies of such companies.
Begoña Iglesias Rayo has been a counsel in the Corporate Department since 2023, having joined the firm in 2006. In her professional activity, she advises on
- Due diligence processes for share and/or asset purchase and sale transactions, especially related to the hotel industry;
- Formalization of joint ventures for the development, investment, and operation of real estate projects of all types.
- Corporate reorganizations (including international relocation of companies, mergers, and spins off);
- Commercial contracts, in particular, hotel management contracts, hotel industry leasing, hotel franchising, asset management, etc ;
- Corporate law; and
Ongoing corporate law advice to Spanish corporate groups and multinational groups with subsidiaries in Spain
- Degree in Law, Universitat de les Illes Balears.
- Specialist in Zoning Law and Land Planning, Universitat de les Illes Balears.
- Master’s Degree in Public Finance, the Tax System and Tax Proceedings, Universitat de les Illes Balears.
She currently teaches at ESERP Business School- Mallorca in the Master in Marketing & Commercial Management in Mallorca.
She is a regular speaker at seminars and conferences held by the Firm.
- Bar Association of the Balearic Islands, Spain (ICAIB).
- Spanish-German Association of Lawyers (DSJV).
Best Lawyers, in the practice area of Corporate and M&A (Best Lawyer of the Year Spain 2022).
She publishes legal articles on an ongoing basis in specialized magazines and local newspapers.