The Garrigues Intellectual Property service (Garrigues IP) is renowned for its unique combination of exceptional IP know-how and the firm's expertise in other areas. Our team is made up of industrial property agents, engineers, designers, economists and lawyers, enabling us to provide 360º advice.
We protect our clients’ intangible assets from an integral, practical and strategic standpoint. To so do, we work in conjunction with the tax, antitrust, labor and employment, administrative law and criminal law departments of Garrigues.
The dedication, meticulous approach and integrity of our professionals has won the trust of clients ranging from startups to major multinationals. Our hard work is reflected in our success rate.
We like to get to know our clients’ business in order to offer definitive solutions. We prefer negotiation to litigation and our priority is to resolve issues as quickly, economically and effectively as possible, but we are experts in handling complex lawsuits if the need so arises. Our lawyers are particularly valued for their ability to deliver innovative and highly sophisticated solutions in situations of uncertainty.
The dedication, quality and leadership of the Garrigues Intellectual Property service has been recognized by the most prestigious international directories, in which our clients have endorsed the excellence of our work.
- Our team has extensive experience in litigation and arbitration proceedings in relation to industrial and intellectual property, digital businesses, unfair competition and advertising.
- Broad expertise in advising digital businesses, including online stores, content platforms, search engines, social networks and web3 (metaverse, NFTs, AR, VR and XR).
- Audiovisual law, musical law, publishing law and art law. Advice on collective bargaining in relation to IP rights, including independent management entities.
- Multidisciplinary advice on patents, trade secrets, plant varieties and technology transfer.
- Advice on contractual and contentious matters, with a view to protecting fundamental rights, such as freedom of expression and information and the right to honor, privacy and personal portrayal.
- Advice on the registration of trademarks, patents and industrial designs through our own industrial property agency.
The European Union's role guarding fundamental rights in the artificial intelligence framework: ‘nulla IA sine ethica et sine lege’
The European Union has taken the lead with a proposal of regulation for AI, that encourages better conditions for the development and use of this technology. The key will be to achieve a regulatory framework that strikes the balance between…
Spain: New Regulation of the Intellectual Property Registry giving preference to electronic registration of works approved
Although the registration of a work in a register does not attribute copyright thereto, doing so can be a safeguard against possible infringements.
Standard essential patents and FRAND licensing: publication by the EC of the proposal for a regulation puts the EUIPO in the spotlight for the development of IoT
The European Commission has presented a proposal for a regulation that aims to promote the transparency and predictability of licensing of standard essential patents (SEPs) and that will promote the development, among other areas, of the Internet of…
Architecture and Intellectual Property: Is it possible to protect a building?
Garrigues IP Blog.