Konstantin Jörgens is of counsel in the EU and competition law practice group.
He has a wealth of experience in merger filings, cartel procedures and compliance programs. Having trained in Germany, Konstantin Jörgens has particularly strong ties to German-speaking clients and also helps coordinate the firm's German Desk. His international exposure is complemented by his work on the Executive European Alumni Advisory Board of Georgetown University Law Center. Prior to joining Garrigues’ Madrid team he worked as a legal trainee (Referendar) at the European Commission, the German Embassy in Tel Aviv, the German Representative Office in the Palestinian territories, and as an associate at Hogan & Hartson and Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton in Brussels.
This year, Konstantin Jörgens has been selected again by his peers for inclusion in the Ninth Edition (2017) of The Best Lawyers in Spain in the practice area of Competition / Antitrust Law and in Who is Who Legal (Competition / Spain, 2017).
He is admitted to practice in Germany (Berlin), Spain (Madrid) and United States (New York).
- Chapter 12: “Cartels and Evidence - What is required to prove the regulators’ case” in: The Fights against Hard-Core Cartels in Europe (edt. José Maria Beneyto, Jerónimo Maillo, Bruylant, 2016).
- "Horizontal Agreements in EU Competition Law”, Chapter on "Procedure before the EU Commission" (edt. Frank Wijckmans/Filip Tuytschaever, Oxford University Press, 2015).
- Co-author of “Quantification of competition law penalties in Spain as a result of recent Supreme Court case law”, Unión Europea Aranzadi; No. 3, 2015.
- Co-autor of "Global Einkaufen - Ein Überblick über das Einkaufsrecht Spaniens", (2014, published on website of Bundesverband Materialwirtschaft, Einkauf und Logistik (BME)).
- Co-autor of "Antitrust Rules" in “EU Competition Procedure”, edited by Luis Ortiz Blanco, Oxford University Press, third edition 2013.
- “Fusionskontroll - und Kartellrecht in Spanien“, Frankfurter Kommentar, 2012, updated 2016 (forthcoming); Chapter Fusionskontrolle und Kartellrecht in Spanien" in Handels- und Wirtschaftsrecht in Spanien (ed. Löber, Wicke Huzel, Editions für internationale Wirtschaft, Frankfurt 2008).
- “Important Developments in the field of EU competition procedure” Journal of European Competition Law and Practice, Oxford University Press, 2011.
- Co-autor of country chapter Spain in “International Competition Litigation, A Multi-jurisdictional Handbook”, edt. Gordon Blanke / Renato Nazzini (Kluwer Law International, 2011).
- “Antitrust, Year-in-Review”, ABA Section of International Law, International Antitrust Law Committee, co-editor in 2009 and 2010, since 2005 co-author for "Spain".
- Country contributor for "Spain" in Global Competition Litigation Review (Sweet Maxwell), since 2007.