ROYAL DECREE 1483/2012, OF OCTOBER 29, 2012, APPROVING THE REGULATIONS ON PROCEDURES FOR COLLECTIVE LAYOFFS AND FOR TEMPORARY INTERRUPTIONS OF CONTRACTS AND SHORT-TIME WORKING
On October 30, 2012, Royal Decree 1483/2012, of October 29, 2012 was published in the Official State Gazette. The Royal Decree approves the regulations on procedures for collective layoffs and for temporary interruptions of contracts and short-time working, which are primarily aimed at adapting these procedures to the sweeping changes implemented by the reform of the Workers' Statute.
This Royal Decree (which will enter into force on October 31, 2012) therefore repeals the previous regulations approved by Royal Decree 801/2011, of June 10, 2011.
Below you will find a brief summary of the provisions contained in the regulations, focusing in particular on any new legislation or changes.
1. THE COLLECTIVE LAYOFF PROCEDURE
1.1 Grounds and subject-matter of the procedure
1.2 Start of the procedure
1.3 Consultation period
1.4 Role of the labor authority and the labor inspectors
1.5 End of the Procedure
2. PROCEDURE FOR TEMPORARY INTERRUPTION OF EMPLOYMENT CONTRACTS AND SHORT-TIME WORKING ON ECONOMIC, TECHNICAL OR PRODUCTION-RELATED GROUNDS
3. PROVISIONS SHARED BY THE PROCEDURES FOR COLLECTIVE LAYOFFS, AND FOR TEMPORARY INTERRUPTIONS OF EMPLOYMENT CONTRACTS AND SHORT-TIME WORKING
4. COLLECTIVE LAYOFF PROCEDURES AFFECTING EMPLOYEES WORKING AT PUBLIC SECTOR CONCERNS, ORGANIZATIONS AND ENTITIES
5. PROCEDURES FOR TEMPORARY INTERRUPTIONS OF EMPLOYMENT CONTRACTS AND SHORT-TIME WORKING ON ECONOMIC, TECHNICAL, ORGANIZATIONAL OR PRODUCTION-RELATED GROUNDS IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR