Labour Updates 9-2013
LATEST LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT LAW DEVELOPMENTS INTRODUCED BY ROYAL DECREE-LAW 11/2013 AND ORDER ESS/1490/2013
August 3, 2013 saw the publication in the Official State Gazette of Royal Decree-Law 11/2013, of August 2, 2013, for the protection of part-time workers and other urgent economic and social measures, bringing with it major new developments in the areas of employment and social security.
The same date also saw the publication of Order ESS/1490/2013, of July 29, 2013, regulating the Public Notice Board of the State Public Employment Service and creating the personal data filing system for the Public Notice Board.
This Newsletter summarizes the key labor and employment developments introduced by the two pieces of legislation.
1. ROYAL DECREE-LAW 11/2013, OF AUGUST 2, 2013, FOR THE PROTECTION OF PART-TIME WORKERS AND OTHER URGENT ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL MEASURES
- 1.1 Amendments relating to the composition and formation of negotiating committees in collective labor procedures
- 1.2 Other important new developments in relation to collective layoffs and interruption of contracts and short-time working on economic, technical, organizational or production-related grounds
- 1.3 Specific rules relating to the social security protection applicable to part-time workers
- 1.4 Rules relating to unemployment benefit and subsidy
- 1.5 New developments relating to placement agencies
2. ORDER ESS/1490/2013, OF JULY 29, 2013, REGULATING THE PUBLIC NOTICE BOARD OF THE STATE PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT SERVICE AND CREATING THE PERSONAL DATA FILING SYSTEM OF THE PUBLIC NOTICE BOARD