He is currently the partner in charge of Garrigues’ Administrative Law, Planning and Zoning and Environment Law practice in Galicia.
Until joining Garrigues in 2002, he held the position of general secretary in various city councils: deputy general secretary and Municipal Zoning Management Secretary of Vigo City Council and, since 1999, he also held the position of general secretary of Vigo City Council.
He is an expert in litigation before the civil, judicial review and financial courts. He has participated in extremely complex lawsuits before the highest courts in Spain – - the Supreme Court, Court of Auditors, Constitutional Court - and also before the European courts: Court of Justice of the European Union and the General Court.
He has extensive experience in urban and spatial planning, having participated in the preparation of numerous zoning plans, zoning management instruments, and territorial zoning plans.
He has participated in the preparation of legislative and regulatory projects in different sectors (territorial planning, social services, administrative organization, and the environment).
- Degree in Law, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela.
- Local Government Secretary, Senior Grade. Currently on voluntary leave.
- Zoning Technical Expert Diploma, National Institute of Public Administration.
- Member of the Vigo and A Coruña Bar Associations since 1993.
- Full member of the Spanish Association of Urban Planning Technicians (AETU).
- Author of the chapter “Peculiaridades del Sistema de Planeamiento en la Legislación Urbanística Gallega. Formación y aprobación de los planes” (Features of the Planning System under Galician Zoning Legislation. Preparation and Approval of Plans) in the book “Estudios de Derecho Urbanísticos de Galicia (2001).
- Author of the chapter “Las Licencias Municipales y su Relación con la Actividad Turística” (Municipal Licenses and their Relationship with Tourism Activities) in the book “Estudios Turísticos. Curso de Inspección Urbanística” (2001).
- Author of the chapter “Elaboración, Aprobación y Vigencia de los Planes Urbanísticos” (Preparation, Approval and Validity of Zoning Plans) in the book "Derecho Urbanístico de Galicia" (2004). Editorial La Ley-Actualidad.
- Author of the chapter "Insolvencia Sobrevenida del Adjudicatario en los Contratos Administrativos, ¿Conservación o Resolución del Contrato?" (Supervening insolvency of awardees of administrative contracts. Conservation or Termination of the Contract?) in the book "La Contratación Pública a Debate: Presente y Futuro" (2014).
(*) originally published/taught in Spanish. For further information, see Spanish version of CV