Xavier Pera Coral is counsel in the Labour Department, where he has been working since 2004. He provides recurring advice on labour, social security and occupational risk prevention matters to national and multinational companies and public administrations, as well as litigation practice before the labour courts. He also has extensive experience in collective bargaining and restructuring processes. He holds a degree in Law from the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona and a Master's degree in Labour and Social Security Law from the IDEC attached to the Universidad Pompeu Fabra.
Xavier Pera has been counsel in the Labour Department of Garrigues since 2018, having joined the firm in 2004. He has extensive experience in collective bargaining and corporate restructuring processes, including, among others:
- Negotiation of Collective Bargaining Agreements, both sectoral and company and company groups.
- Negotiation of collective agreements and pacts of all kinds.
- Advice and negotiation of collective dismissal processes, collective suspension of contracts, as well as substantial modification of working conditions and geographical mobility (transfer).
- Advice and negotiation of outsourcing and business succession processes.
- Advice and negotiation of equality plans, teleworking agreements and digital disconnection policies.
Xavier also regularly carries out an intense litigation activity before the labour courts, acting in defence of his clients' interests in all types of proceedings, both collective and individual.
He also has extensive experience in providing both strategic and recurring employment advice on employment matters to companies of different sectors and sizes, as well as to public administrations.
Degree in Law, Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona. Special Distinction.
Master’s Degree in Labor and Social Security Law, IDEC-Universidad Pompeu Fabra.
Xavier is a regular speaker at business forums on current labour issues, both in relation to successive labour reforms and current labour and business matters, as well as on relevant court rulings.
Barcelona Bar Association.