Patricia Palacios is the Partner responsible for the Basque Country and Navarra in the Administrative Law, Urban Planning, Environmental and Real Estate Law department at Garrigues, the firm where she has spent her entire professional career.
Throughout her extensive professional career, Patricia has acquired outstanding experience in advising both the private sector and public administrations in the following areas:
Public procurement, from the preparation and awarding of the contract to its modification and termination. Legal assistance in special appeals in contracting matters.
- Urban planning: planning, management and urban discipline (licences and sectorial authorizations).
- National and international due diligence processes.
- Drafting and application of legal regulations.
- Public, demanial and patrimonial assets. Compulsory expropriation procedures.
- Subsidies and public aids, especially reimbursement proceedings.
- Specific sectors of state, regional and local administrative activity: roads, transport, energy, telecommunications, mining, forestry, water, coasts, etc.
- Preparation and analysis of reports and real estate contracts (land or real estate): sale and purchase, leasing, purchase options, etc.
- Legal assistance in all types of administrative proceedings, including sanctioning proceedings.
- Legal direction in contentious-administrative proceedings.
Graduate in Law, specialising in legal - economic Law, University of Deusto (Bilbao). Extraordinary end-of-degree award.
She combines her professional activity as a lawyer with teaching at the University of Deusto, where she is a lecturer in Administrative Law on the Degree in Law with a Legal-Economic Speciality and in Public Procurement on the University Master's Degree in Access to the Legal Profession. She is also a regular speaker at the firm's seminars and conferences for public administrations, clients and business associations on public procurement and other matters.
Patricia is a member of the Bar Association of Bizkaia.
Patricia has been recognised as Lawyer of the Year 2021 for the Administrative Law practice in the Bilbao area by the prestigious publication Best Lawyers. She has also been named Best Lawyer in Administrative Law, Urban Planning and Real Estate Law in 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023.