Patricia Palacios is the partner in charge of the Administrative Law, Planning and Zoning, Environmental and Real Estate practices in the Basque Country and Navarra. She joined Garrigues in 1999.
Throughout her career, she has gained extensive experience in the following areas:
- Advising the public and private sector (bidders) on public procurement matters, from preparation and award of the contract to contractual modification and termination with respect to all kin ds of contracts (works, services, supply, public works concessions, etc.). She acts as legal counsel in special procurement appeals.
- Advising the public and private sector on planning and zoning matters: analysis and challenge of planning instruments, zoning contracts, processing of zoning licenses and other industry authorizations. Advice on zoning-related due diligence reviews.
- Collaborating with the public authorities in matters relating to the preparation and application of primary and secondary legislation.
- Advising on inalienable and alienable property in the public domain, as well as in condemnation proceedings. - Legal assistance with subsidies and public aid, particularly in refund proceedings.
- Legal assistance in administrative proceedings of all kinds, including penalty proceedings.
- Acting as legal counsel in judicial review proceedings, representing both the public and private sector.
- Advising on all aspects relating to the different sectors of administrative activity (at state, regional and local level): roads, transport, telecommunications, mining, water, coastline, energy, etc.
- Preparing and analyzing Real Estate reports and contracts (sale and purchase, lease, purchase options, etc. for property and land).
Patricia Palacios has carried out various teaching activities at Universidad de Deusto and on several postgraduate courses. She is also a regular speaker on Public Procurement, Real Estate and other matters at client companies and business associations.
Patricia Palacios is a member of the Vizcaya Bar Association.
Law degree with specialization in economic law, Universidad de Deusto.