Miguel Ángel Castejón is a partner in the Tax Law Department at Garrigues, where he has been working since he joined the firm in 1993, regularly advising multinationals, family business, "family offices" and funds on M&A (mergers and acquisitions) , corporate restructurings, real estate transactions, international taxation and tax audits. He also has extensive experience and specialisation in advising large family estates, a field in which he advises on issues related to succession and generational handover of family businesses and estates, family office governance, conflict prevention and resolution, internationalisation of family businesses, separation of partners, and in advising on corporate transactions related to the sale of family businesses.
Miguel Ángel Castejón has been a partner in the tax department of Garrigues since 2006, where he has developed his professional career since 2003, the year in which he joined the firm. During his extensive professional experience, he has participated in the main M&A (mergers and acquisitions) transactions carried out by companies in the area of Alicante, advising both national and international investors. Among them, the following are worth mentioning:
- Advising CATRAL, GARDEN & HOME DEPOT, S.A., a company owned by the JP Morgan Group and the Blackpearl Special Situations Fund II FCR in: (i) the acquisition of INTERMAS NETS, S.A., together with the Abac Sustainable Value Fund. together with the Abac Sustainable Value II FCR fund; (ii) negotiation of an investment and shareholders' agreement between the acquiring funds; (iii) bank financing of the acquisition price and working capital facilities; (iv) definition of the acquisition structure; and (v) the spin-off process to be implemented for the separation of the branches of activity acquired by each fund.
- Advising minority shareholders on the sale of CENTAURO RENT A CAR, S.L. to MUTUA MADRILEÑA.
- Advising GRUPO MARCOS AUTOMOCIÓN as purchaser in: (i) the acquisition of 100% of GRUPO MONTALT SERVICAR; (ii) the restructuring of the group following this acquisition, assisting management in the integration of both businesses, thereby creating the largest automotive group in the vehicle distribution sector with a turnover of close to 1,100 million euros.
- Advising ECISA CORPORACIÓN, S.L. on the acquisition of a 49% stake by the Qatari fund AL ALFIA in the construction company ECISA COMPAÑÍA GENERAL DE CONSTRUCCIONES, S.A., as well as on the subsequent transfer of the remaining stake to this fund.
- Advising HERSA ENTERPRISE, S.L. on: (i) the acquisition of 100% of the share capital of SAMAR INTERNACIONAL, S.L.; (ii) the definition of the acquisition structure; and (iii) the syndicated bank financing of the acquisition price.
In the field of advice to large estates, family offices and family businesses, he regularly advises on the planning of inheritance succession processes; the negotiation and execution of family protocols and family agreements; mediation in conflicts between members of the family business; and the definition, structure and functioning of the governing bodies.
He has participated in numerous conferences and lectures related to family business issues, a field in which he has been especially distinguished by the US publication "Best Lawyers" as "Best Lawyers of the Year 2022" in the speciality of "Family Business Law".
Degree in Economics and Business Studies, Universidad de Alicante (1991).
Member of the College of Economists of Alicante
He has been recurrently included since 2012 by the US publication "Best Lawyers" as an outstanding professional in the areas of "Tax Law" and "Family Business Law". He has also been distinguished by this publication as "Best Lawyer of the Year 2022" in the area of "Family Business Law".