Partner in the Administrative Law, Planning and Zoning and Environmental practice with over twenty years’ experience, with a special focus on litigation, judicial review appeals, penalty proceedings, and contractual and environmental matters.
Javier Fernández Rivaya has extensive experience in multiple areas related to public law, with particular expertise in judicial review and penalty proceedings in a wide range of sectors (public procurement, environment, domestic trade, water, energy, etc.). He also regularly acts as legal counsel in proceedings for the protection of constitutional rights and in claims for financial liability brought against the public authorities.
He also has extensive experience in the preparation of reports and opinions on all types of issues related to environmental law (in particular, those related to waste, water, environmental liability, protected areas, extended producer liability, etc.).
Javier Fernández Rivaya has participated in recent years in the drafting of regulatory projects in different areas related to public law and has advised public and private entities on public property, subsidies and aid and legal reviews of companies in sectors subject to administrative involvement.
- Degree in Law, Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
- Executive Master’s Degree in Planning and Zoning, Centro de Estudios Garrigues.
- Las sanciones administrativas (Administrative Penalties) in “Cuadernos de Derecho para Ingenieros”, Iberdrola, Asociación/Colegio de Ingenieros del ICAI. Walters Kluwer. 2016.
- “Leyes de Mecenazgo y Fundaciones” (Comentarios a la Ley 49/2002, de 23 de diciembre, de régimen fiscal de las entidades sin fines lucrativos y de los incentivos fiscales al mecenazgo, y a la Ley 50/2002, de 26 de diciembre, de Fundaciones) (Law on Sponsorship and Foundations (Comments on Law 49/2002, of December 23, 2002, on the tax treatment of not-for-profit organizations and tax incentives for sponsorship, and Law 50/2002, of December 26, 2002, on Foundations)). La Ley. 2003.
- Crónica Parlamentaria, “El Consultor de los Ayuntamientos y de los Juzgados” (The Consultant of City Councils and the Courts) (2002-2005).