Fernando Varga is a partner in the Litigation and Arbitration Department and the current head of this Department in the San Sebastian office. He has extensive experience in managing conflicts between companies as well as acting as defense counsel for the firm’s clients in the civil, commercial and criminal courts. Additionally, he has acted in arbitration proceedings before various domestic arbitration courts. His professional experience is focused on the area of private law, relating to both civil (obligations and contracts, non-contractual liability and real estate) and insolvency matters. In the criminal area he has participated in defending the interests of the firm's clients in numerous legal proceedings relating to offenses against workers’ rights (occupational accidents) as well as proceedings relating to white-collar crime. He is currently a member of the Guipuzcoa Bar Association, as well as a resident arbitrator at the Arbitration Court of the Guipuzcoa Chamber of Commerce.
Fernando Varga has been a partner in Garrigues’ Litigation and Arbitration Department since 2019, having joined the firm in 2007. In his professional practice he has acted in and advised on highly complex civil and commercial disputes. Including:
- Litigation involving the enforcement of contractual liability related to a wide range of business areas including the construction, machine tool, R&D, transportation and food industries, among others.
- Litigation relating to trade secret protection (civil and criminal jurisdiction) and unfair competition.
- Disputes relating to hereditary successions in both the pre-contentious and contentious phases.
- Advice on insolvency-related matters, with involvement in a number of competitive processes for the award of independent production units.
He also provides advice in the criminal law sphere, where he has extensive experience in defending the interests of the affected companies and their legal representatives in proceedings concerning occupational accidents. In addition, he collaborates on a recurring basis in the implementation of compliance programs within companies and, where applicable, handles the legal defense of legal entities in criminal proceedings.
Degree in Law, Universidad del Pais Vasco.
He is a frequent speaker at seminars and conferences organized by various associations such as Editorial Aranzadi, the Employers’ Association of Gipuzkoa (ADEGI) or the Advancement of Management Association (APD).
- Guipuzcoa Bar Association.
- Resident arbitrator at the Arbitration Court of the Guipuzcoa Chamber of Commerce.
Recognized as a Best Lawyer in the litigation area.