Fernando Crespo is the partner in charge of Garrigues’ Employment and Labor practice on the East coast of Spain (excluding Cataluña). He has pursued his professional career at the firm following a stint at Arthur Andersen.
Fernando Crespo has been a partner in Garrigues’ Employment and Labor Department since 2009, having pursued his entire professional career at the firm since joining Arthur Andersen in 1995.
In his professional practice, he has participated in processes involving highly complex matters and in different sectors, including:
- Highly complex collective layoffs due to the number of affected workers and the circumstances involved.
- Temporary collective layoff procedures.
- Negotiations in the context of calls for strikes.
- Procedures involving the disapplication of collective labor agreements, material modifications to working conditions and transfers.
- Negotiation of collective labor agreements at both the industry and company level, as well as of other types of collective agreements.
- Litigation stemming from collective disputes and individual claims.
In addition to the above-mentioned advice on strategic transactions, he also provides ongoing labor law advice to clients, both Spanish and foreign, as well as on senior management matters and on international assignment processes.
Lastly, he has provided labor law advice involving sports law to major sports entities and regarding highly significant sporting events.
- Degree in Law, Universidad CEU Cardenal Herrera.
- Master’s Degree in Business Management, Universidad CEU Cardenal Herrera.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management and Administration, Centro de Estudios Financieros (CEF).
- 15x15 Executive Master’s Degree, Escuela de Empresarios (EDEM).
As an expert in labor law, he has provided expert testimony to the Valencia parliament before the "Special committee to study time use to foster working time streamlining policies”, contributing his view on the approach to productivity.
He has delivered presentations in various business forums and at organizations such as Universidad de Valencia, APD, Cierval, Femeval, Coepa, the Alicante Provincial Government, the Castellón Chamber of Commerce, AEDIPE, Fundesem, Club Diario Levante or Adecco, among others.
He has taught at various institutions, including:
- CEF (Centro de Estudios Financieros): Lecturer for the Master’s Degree in Human Resources and Management, in the subject Collective Bargaining.
- EDEM: Lecturer for the ABC Master’s Degree in People Management, in the subject “Human resources from a labor law standpoint”.
- Fundació Universitat Empresa (ADEIT): Lecturer for the Master’s Degree in Labor Law and Social Security, in the subject “Labor law due diligence”.
- Fundesem: Lecturer for the Master’s Degree in Human Resources in the subject “Managing employment and labor changes”.
- Garrigues-Harvard Master’s Degree: Practical Vision of Labor Law.
- Universidad CEU Cardenal Herrera: Lecturer for the Master’s Degree in International Business Law, in the subject International Labor Law.
- Universidad CEU Cardenal Herrera: Lecturer on labor law practices.
He is a member of the Valencia Bar Association and also member of FORELAB.
Regularly recognized in the directory Best Lawyers as a highly-regarded lawyer in the employment and labor law field, he was named Lawyer of the Year in 2013.
Co-author of various manuals on labor matters, including:
- "La prueba de confesión judicial” (Testimonial Evidence). Editorial McGraw-Hill. 1999.
- “La nueva Ley Concursal” (The New Insolvency Law). Editorial McGraw-Hill. 2003.
Author of numerous articles and publications in the economy section of the press and journals, such as El Mundo, ABC or Economía-3.