Eva Díez-Ordás is a partner in the Labor and Employment Law Department and is a member of the firm’s ESG Committee. She is specialized in the provision of strategic advice on labor law matters and human resources to large companies and multinational groups and has broad experience in advising on labor law matters as part of corporate and commercial transactions.
She has also been a member of the firm’s ESG Committee since its creation in 2021, advising domestic and international companies on ESG matters in conjunction with other Garrigues experts, and teaching at specialist institutions.
Eva Díez-Ordás is a partner in the Labor and Employment Law Department of Garrigues and has been a member of the ESG Committee - Garrigues Sustainable since their creation. She began her professional career at Garrigues in 2001. Among other fields, she is a specialist in advising Spanish and international companies on labor, social security and occupational risk prevention matters, as well as on aspects relating to ESG and respect for human rights. Her areas of expertise include:
Legal assistance and representation of companies in all types of court proceedings (individual and collective) in the labor jurisdiction, and at all stages and instances.
Technical assistance and advice on the following matters:
- Collective procedures (collective dismissals, collective labor agreements, etc.), including analysis of the legal requirements, conduct of the proceedings, advice on and participation in negotiations, design of relations with union representatives, dispute resolution, etc.
- Contracts, senior management, disciplinary rules, union elections, strikes, working hours, pay, modification of working conditions, leaves of absence, etc.
- Labor law implications of acquisitions, mergers, absorptions, spin-offs and business succession. Assistance with the drafting of the agreement and the negotiation of conditions. Labor law due diligence reviews.
- Preparation of policies relating to diversity, human rights, due diligence, etc. Preparation, negotiation and implementation of equality plans.
Eva is also a Occupational Risk Prevention Technician (Specialties: Industrial Hygiene and Safety in the Workplace).
- Degree in Law (2000) and in Business Administration (2001) from Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE E-3).
- Occupational Risk Prevention Technician (Specialties: Industrial Hygiene and Safety in the Workplace).
She is a regular speaker at seminars and conferences organized by the firm and various specialist centers. Lecturer on the Diploma in Sustainable Transformation organized by CEOE Campus, and on the ESG Executive Program at Centro de Estudios Garrigues.
- Member of the Madrid Bar Association.
- Accelerator Programme United Nations Global Compact.
Legal 500 EMEA 2019
- Next Generation Lawyer.
Regular collaborator in publications in her areas of expertise.