Carmen Abuín is a principal associate in Garrigues’ Administrative, Planning and Zoning, and Environmental Law Department. She pursues her practice from the firm’s Vigo office.
She specializes in the area of coasts and energy and also provides legal advice in myriad fields of Public Law and Planning and Zoning Law (planning, zoning management and enforcement), as well as on matters concerning the environment, public procurement, public aid and subsidies, to both public and private entities. She also acts as legal counsel in administrative proceedings and judicial review proceedings in general.
She holds a Law Degree, with a specialization in economics/business, from Universidad de Vigo and is a member of the Vigo Bar Association.
Carmen Abuín is a principal associate in Garrigues’ Administrative, Planning and Zoning, and Environmental Law practice area and joined the firm in 2011. In her professional practice, she has participated, and has extensive experience, in the following areas:
- Advice to the public and private sectors in planning and zoning matters (town planning, management and zoning enforcement).
- Advice in zoning due diligence processes and preparation and analysis of real estate agreements and reports (sale and purchase, lease, purchase options, etc., on properties and land).
- Advice on regulated sectors (roads, transportation, telecommunications, mines, water, coasts, energy, etc.) and, in particular, on the energy sector and coasts.
- Advice on environmental matters.
- Advice to the public and private sector on public procurement matters, from the preparation and award of the contract through to its modification and termination. She also provides legal assistance with the drafting of special appeals in procurement matters.
- Legal counsel on government grants and public assistance, particularly in reimbursement matters.
- Legal counsel in all types of administrative proceedings, including penalty proceedings and restoration of zoning compliance proceedings.
- Legal assistance with appeals for judicial review at all levels.
- Degree in Law specializing in economics/business, Universidad de Vigo.
- Executive Master’s Degree in Business Law, Centro de Estudios de Garrigues in collaboration with Harvard Law School.
Member of the Vigo Bar Association (no. 2942).
“El régimen sancionador de los casinos: competencia para la regulación de infracciones. Especial referencia a los casinos online” (The penalty regime for casinos: jurisdiction to regulate infringements. Special reference to online casinos), published in the online work Big Data Jurist, of Instituto Superior de Derecho y Economía (ISDE).