Sara Luján Luján
Sara Luján is a senior associate in the Labor and Employment, Social Security and Labor Litigation practice.
She has extensive experience in consultations, employment contracts, labor law due diligence reviews, preparation of and attendance at trials, appearances before the labor and social security authorities, business restructuring processes and structural modifications to companies, modifications to working conditions, social security processes, etc.
Following a stint at Baker&McKenzie (2008-2014), she joined Garrigues in May 2014.
- Barcelona Bar Association (2009).
- AEDIPE (February 2014).
- ESADE Labor Relations Forum (May 2014).
- Degree in Law, Universidad Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona (2008), majoring in Labor and Employment and Social Security Law.
- Master’s Degree in Labor and Employment and Social Security Law, IDEC Universidad Pompeu Fabra de Barcelona (2009-2011).
- Seminar on directors’ liability from a labor law standpoint (July 2009).
- Seminar on salary and working hours flexibility (October 2009).
- Article on post-contractual non-compete clauses, “European Legal Development, Winter Edition 2009”, Baker & McKenzie.
- Seminar on liability in outsourcing arrangements (March 2010).
- Seminar on electoral procedure (April 2010).
- Article on illegal strikes (April 2010) for the “Europe Practice Group”, Baker & McKenzie.
- Seminar on “Compliance, the employer’s duty of care in the labor law sphere” (May 2010).
- Article on the reform of the Criminal Code from a labor law standpoint published in newspaper “la Vanguardia” (August 2010).
- Taught course on comparative labor union law in Vancouver (Canad – August 2010 and November 2010) for the IATA (International Air Transport Association).
- Articles on labor law cases in the review Observatorio de RRHH (March 2011 and March 2012).
- Taught course on comparative labor law in Montreal (Canada – September 2011) for the IATA (International Air Transport Association).
- Presentation on labor law aspects in transfers of businesses (March 2012).
- Secondment at Baker & McKenzie’s London office (March to July 2012).
- Article on labor law issues in Social Media for "Global Employer", Baker & McKenzie (July 2012).
- Collaboration in the seminar organized by the British Spanish Lawyers Association (BSLA) on the labor law reform in Spain and the United Kingdom at the Alicante Bar Association (September 2012).
- Quarterly contribution to Europe and Middle East Quarterly Update (EMEA) regarding labor law developments, Baker & McKenzie (October 2012 – present).
- Coauthor of the Senior Management Personnel Handbook published by Aranzadi (December 2012).
- Presentation on labor law issues in structural modifications (March 2013).
- Presentation at Baker & McKenzie’s Morning Sessions on the latest reforms in the area of retirement (May 2013).
- Taught seminar at Ibermutuamur on the latest reforms in the area of retirement (July 2013).
- Taught seminar at FEDEQUIM on the latest reforms in the area of retirement (November 2013).
- Article on collective layoff procedures and single integrated enterprises for publication in the review Observatorio de RRHH (January 2014).
- Article on collective layoff procedures and single integrated enterprises for publication in EMEA Legal Insights Bulletin (February 2014).
- Speaker at the conference held at ESADE on employer liability and road safety (February 2014).
- Publication of articles on current labor law issues in the law review Apuntes y Consejos Laborales (July 2014 – present).