David Sanz Pérez
David Sanz Pérez is a partner in the Administrative Law practice and has a wealth of experience in providing legal advice to enterprises and public authorities in the different branches of administrative law and, specifically, on all matters relating to public procurement, regulated industries and legal implications deriving from environmental protection legislation.
In the area of public procurement, he has advised public authorities, contractors and financial institutions on a great number of the infrastructure projects promoted in Spain over the last ten years (tram, metro, high-speed rail, a range of public buildings, highways, desalination plants, sewage treatment plants, airports, waste treatment facilities, etc.). He has also participated in procedures for the modification, readjustment and termination of public contracts.
David’s practice also includes advising domestic and foreign clients in regulated industries, notably participating in start-up projects or transactions involving power plants operating under both the ordinary and special regimes, providing advice on oil and gas matters and on energy efficiency initiatives.
He is the partner in charge of environmental law matters at the Barcelona office and has provided advice with respect to different environmental vectors (water, air, land, etc.)
Lastly in addition to all of the above, he offers general advice on administrative law matters (penalty proceedings, judicial review proceedings, condemnation, public property and special properties, etc.)
Associate Lecturer in the Administrative Law Department of Universidad de Barcelona since 2003. He teaches classes in administrative law, Cataluña public law and Community law institutions. He participates as a speaker in practical experience courses, seminars, master’s and postgraduate degree courses at the Faculties of Law of Universidad de Barcelona, Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, La Salle, Universitat Pompeu Fabra and at Escuela de Organización Industrial. Regular speaker at seminars and congresses in his area of expertise. He also forms part of various research projects promoted by the Administrative Law Department of Universidad de Barcelona.
Degree in Law, Universidad de Barcelona (1995).
Doctorate program in Administrative Law, Universidad de Barcelona (1997).
Research proficiency certificate, Universidad de Barcelona (1997).
- “The involvement of local bodies in the environment: their regulation in the rules on works, activities and services” (*), in FONT I LLOVET, T. (coordinator), Derecho Local, Marcial Pons, Barcelona, 1997. Pages 267-293.
- “The position of the user vis-à-vis public services: special focus on healthcare services” (*), Derecho y Salud, vol. 6, no. 1, January – June 1998. Pages 2-24.
- “Nullity ab initio of acts that impair rights and freedoms in recent case law” (*), Revista Jurídica de Cataluña, no. 3, 1998. Pages 149-176.
- “Commentary on Balearic Islands Rural Land Law 6/1997 of July 8, 1997” (*), AUTONOMIES. REVISTA CATALANA DE DRET PÚBLIC, no. 24, February 1999. Pages 471-475
- “Local government and protection of the atmosphere: involvement through preventive control instruments” (*), CEDECS, Barcelona, 1999.
- “Notes on environmental agreements as instruments for environmental management” (*), Gestión Ambiental, no. 12, December 1999. Pages 1-12.
- Review of the book Annuaire Européen d’Administration Publique. Vol. XIX, Centre de Recherches Administratives, PRESSES UNIVERSITAIRES D’AIX-MARSEILLE, Marseille, 1997. Revista de Administración Pública, no. 151, January – April 2000. Pages 586-590.
- “Environmental agreements as a mechanism for replacing or supplementing unilateral prevention of potentially polluting activities: the provisions of Ley 3/1998” (*), Gestión Ambiental, no. 34, October 2001. Pages 11-25.
- “The cassation appeal in the interest of autonomous community law in light of the judgments handed down by the Cassation Panel of the Judicial Review Chamber of the Cataluña High Court”, in Justicia Administrativa. Libro homenaje al Profesor Rafael Entrena Cuesta (*), ATELIER, 2003. Pages 793-815.
- “The environment at local level” (*) in Règim Jurídic dels Governs Locals, various authors, TIRANT LO BLANCH, Valencia, 2009. Pages 819-839.
- Garrigues, A., Sanz, D., “The legacy of the 2008 Zaragoza Exposition”, Bureau International des Expositions. 2009.
- López-Gunn, E., Llamas, M.R., Garrido, A., Sanz, D., “Groundwater management”, in Treatise on Water Science, ELSEVIER. 2010.
(*) originally published in Spanish/Catalan. For further information, see Spanish version of CV.