Isabel Bairrão is a principal associate in the area of Privacy, Personal Data Protection, and Cybersecurity, and joined the firm in 2006. She has extensive experience in data protection audits and in the implementation of the necessary measures to ensure compliance with the relevant European and Portuguese legislation on data protection, as well as in recurring advisory matters on privacy, data protection and cybersecurity issues.
She is a member of the Portuguese Bar Association and of IAPP (International Association of Privacy Professionals) and holds CIPP/E (Certified Information Privacy Professional - Europe) certification, as well as a ECPC-B Professional DPO Certification from the European Centre on Privacy and Cybersecurity of the Maastricht University.
Extensive experience in advising numerous multinational groups (among others, in the following sectors: healthcare, software, insurance, banking and finance, pharmaceutical, health manufacturers, grocery manufacturers, telecommunications and retail) in the compliance with the GDPR and local data protection laws. Wide-ranging experience in privacy compliance audits, alone or together with technical experts, big data, strategies and new business models based on the processing of personal data and cybersecurity immediate response plans, Isabel is regularly invited to speak in seminars and conferences, such as at the 5th Annual Legal AI Summit, Berlin, 2022, on the topic “Protecting Avatar’s personal data within the European Union – Privacy main concerns in the Metaverse”.
- Degree in Law, Universidade de Coimbra, Portugal.
- Post-Graduation in Industrial Property Law, University of Lisbon.
- Post-Graduation in Information Society Law, University of Lisbon.
- Fundação Getúlio Vargas - Complementary training in Negotiation Techniques for Lawyers.
- University of Maastricht (European Center on Privacy & Cybersecurity) - Emerging Issues and Challenges in Privacy and Cybersecurity.
- Invited lecturer at Nova School of Law, in data protection and Information security.
- Invited lecturer at ISEG Lisbon School of Economics & Management, in data protection and Information security.
- Portuguese Bar Association.
- CIPP/E – Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (IAPP).
- ECPC-B Professional DPO Certification from the European Centre on Privacy and Cybersecurity of the Maastricht University.
- Industrial Property Official Agent.
- European Trademark and Design Attorney before the EUIPO.
- European Patent Representative before the EPO.
- Author of various publications related with privacy matters, namely DataGuidance, Lexology, Advocatus and Rhmagazine.