Xabier Urtiaga Valle has been a partner in the Commercial Department of Garrigues since 2019, having joined the firm in 2007. In his professional activity he has participated in highly complex transactions, including, among others:
Financing and refinancing transactions
- Advising on the refinancing of Fluidra's financial debt.
- Advising a syndicate of financing entities on the corporate financing of Lazora.
- Advising a syndicate of financing funds on the refinancing of Grupo Prisa's financial debt.
- Advising Alsea, S.A. de C.V. on the financing of the acquisition of Grupo Vips and refinancing of its financial debt.
- Advising La Sociedad General Inmobiliaria de España - one of the largest shopping centre operators in Spain - on the acquisition, construction and refinancing of multiple shopping centres.
- Advising CVC on the sale of Grupo Zena.
- Advising Alsea, S.A.B de C.V. on the acquisition of Grupo Vips.
- Advising SAREB on the incorporation of FAB Arqura Homes and the sale of a stake in said FAB to Värde Partnes.
- Advising Alsea, S.A.B. de C.V. and Alia Capital Partners on Bain Capital's investment in Alsea Europa.
Transactions in the sale and purchase of the portfolio of debt
- Advising ASAREB on the sale of a mortgage loan portfolio to Deustche Bank in the so-called "Abacus Project".
- Advising Banco Santander on the sale of a portfolio of financing operations and financial derivatives to RBS.
- Advising ASAREB on the sale of a mortgage loan portfolio to Deustche Bank in the so-called "Inés Project".
Degree in Law, Universidad de Deusto (2000-2005).
Master’s in Business Law, Centro de Estudios Garrigues (2006-2007).
Xabier Urtiaga ha sido reconocido en Legal 500 como "Next Generation Partner" y "Key Lawyer".