Laura Muñoz is a partner of the Corporate Law Department of Garrigues, where she practices in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, and commercial contracts. She focuses on advising domestic and international clients on sale and purchase transactions, acquisition of majority and minority interests, strategic alliances and creation of joint ventures, where she has specialized in the private equity sector, providing ongoing advice to top-level funds on their investments in Spain. She also provides recurring advisory services on corporate law and contractual matters to Spanish companies and international groups present in Spain.
Laura Muñoz joined Garrigues in 2009 and has been a partner in the firm’s Corporate Law Department since 2020. Over her professional career, she has participated in multiple M&A deals, including:
- Processes for the sale and purchase of companies and assets, as part of both competitive processes and exclusive negotiations, assisting in all stages, from the due diligence and the negotiation and closing of the transaction to the integration of the target company into the purchaser’s group (rectification of contingencies, transitional arrangements), including the negotiation of W&I insurance policies, etc.
- Processes for the acquisition on interests in the capital of Spanish companies by Spanish and foreign investors, including the investment agreements and shareholders’ agreements governing shareholder relations and investor exit mechanisms, as well as contracts for services and incentive agreements with the management team.
- Build-up processes, including both the acquisitions and the reinvestment by the sellers in the acquiring group, as the case may be, the shareholders’ agreements and mechanisms for joint divestment, and the incentive agreements for the management team.
- Investment deals with a multi-jurisdictional component, including the coordination and analysis of due diligence work across the different jurisdictions, coordination of compliance with requirements and obtainment of any authorizations required in the jurisdictions affected, and fulfillment of the applicable procedures for formalization of the transaction in the jurisdictions involved.
- Strategic alliances and creation of joint ventures, including commercial agreements relating to their operating procedures.
Laura also provides recurring advisory services on corporate law and contractual matters to Spanish companies and international groups present in Spain, including:
- Advice to managing bodies on corporate governance matters and board secretary duties at listed and unlisted companies.
- Restructuring transactions involving Spanish and international groups, including mergers, spin-offs, contributions, etc., and restructuring transactions of a cross-border nature.
- Ongoing advisory services in relation to contracts, including outsourcing, distribution, agency, franchise, supply and toll manufacturing contracts, among others.
- Degree in Law, Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Degree in Business Administration, Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Master’s in Tax Law, Centro de Estudios Financieros de Barcelona.
Laura is a regular speaker at specialized national and international forums including IBA, among others. She has also taught at several universities, including Universidad Ramon Llull (laSalle) and Universidad de Navarra, and regularly collaborates on the Master’s Degrees for Access to the Legal Profession and in International Law at ISDE Business School.