Fernando Varga has been a partner in Garrigues’ Litigation and Arbitration Department since 2019, having joined the firm in 2007. In his professional practice he has acted in and advised on highly complex civil and commercial disputes. Including:
- Litigation involving the enforcement of contractual liability related to a wide range of business areas including the construction, machine tool, R&D, transportation and food industries, among others.
- Litigation relating to trade secret protection (civil and criminal jurisdiction) and unfair competition.
- Disputes relating to hereditary successions in both the pre-contentious and contentious phases.
- Advice on insolvency-related matters, with involvement in a number of competitive processes for the award of independent production units.
He also provides advice in the criminal law sphere, where he has extensive experience in defending the interests of the affected companies and their legal representatives in proceedings concerning occupational accidents. In addition, he collaborates on a recurring basis in the implementation of compliance programs within companies and, where applicable, handles the legal defense of legal entities in criminal proceedings.
Degree in Law, Universidad del Pais Vasco.
- Guipuzcoa Bar Association.
- Resident arbitrator at the Arbitration Court of the Guipuzcoa Chamber of Commerce.