Daniel Hernández is a Principal Associate in the Securities Market Law and Banking and Finance departments at Garrigues, where he practices in the areas of capital markets law, banking and finance, financial regulation, financial technologies and corporate law. He is in charge of the coordination of local and international financing transactions, as well as of the recurrent advice on regulatory matters and disclosure duties of his regulated clients. Lawyer from Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile and LL.M. in Securities and Financial Regulation from Georgetown University, in Washington D.C. He has been recognized in Legal 500 as a rising star in 2022.
Daniel Hernández has been a Principal Associate in the Securities Market Law and Banking and Finance Law practice at Garrigues since 2023, having joined the firm in 2019. In his professional activity he has participated in numerous specific transactions and advisories, including:
- Securities issuances in international markets made or guaranteed by Chilean entities, both by corporate issuers and banking entities, which include issuances governed by Rule 144A, Regulation S of the United States of America and private placements (USPP).
- Registration processes in the registries kept by the Chilean Financial Market Commission(Comisión para el Mercado Financiero), including securities issuers, short and long term debt securities, shares, foreign securities, and others.
- Financing transactions under Chilean and international legislation, advising both local and foreign debtors and creditors, including banks and multilateral organizations.
- Advising on financial regulatory matters, including the analysis of the use of technologies in securities issuances, Fintechs, reporting obligations of corporate issuers and banking entities and, in general, advising on the interpretation and applicability of rules and rulings issued by the Financial Market Commission (Comisión para el Mercado Financiero).
Additionally, Daniel has extensive experience in the structuring of financial transactions, including relevant regulatory aspects, thanks to his experience as a lawyer in the Legal Department of the Financial Market Commission of Chile, where he worked between 2015 and 2019.
- LL.M. in Securities and Financial Regulation Georgetown University, Washington D.C.
- LL.M in Business Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Law degree from Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
Legal 500: Rising Star Capital Markets.