Carlos Lama is a principal associate in the Restructuring and Insolvency practice area.
He has extensive experience in advising on insolvency, pre-insolvency and corporate restructuring procedures. He also provides recurring advice on the purchase of distressed debt portfolios by private equity entities as well as on negotiations and out-of-court settlements.
- Degree in Law, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
- Master’s Degree in Legal Counseling for Businesses, ADM Business School in conjunction with the law firm Cremades & Calvo-Sotelo.
- Executive Master’s Degree in Business Law, Centro de Estudios Garrigues.
- Student on the PhD course in Private Property Law, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (first cycle completed).
- Candidate in the open competition for access to the notarial profession, Fundación Matritense del Notariado (2001-2006).
- Master’s Degree in Business Restructuring, Madrid Bar Association. 2022-2023.
- LL.M. in International Transactions, Centro de Estudios Garrigues. 2022-2023.
- Course on transfers of assets in insolvency proceedings, Madrid Bar Association. 2017-2018.
- Course on practical insolvency law issues, Centro de Estudios Garrigues. 2015-2016.
- Course on basic legal issues relating to debt refinancing processes, Madrid Bar Association. 2015-2016.
Carlos Lama is a member of the Madrid Bar Association.
"Name to know in Spain 2020".- Global Restructuring Review.
- “Régimen de recursos contra las resoluciones judiciales dictadas en materia de enajenación de activos en el concurso de acreedores” (Rules governing appeals against court rulings relating to disposal of assets in insolvency proceedings). Revista de Derecho Concursal y Paraconcursal no. 27. September 2017
- “Alzamiento de embargos dentro del concurso” (Lifting of attachments in insolvency proceedings). Economist & Jurist. February 2014.
- “Reforma de la Ley Concursal: principales novedades” (Reform of the Insolvency Law: main new developments). Economist & Jurist. November 2011.
- Contributor to various articles and publications, including articles published in recent years in Economic Jurist, Global Insolvency & Restructuring Review and Doing Business.