Carla Frangoni is a partner in Garrigues' Corporate Group. She specializes in corporate law, commercial contracts, joint-ventures, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, representing international companies with interests in Spain.
Carla is the head of Garrigues' New York office, where she provides advice on Spanish corporate law to U.S. clients, while also advising her clients in Spain and Italy. Carla is also an Italian lawyer and is the head of Garrigues' Italian Desk.
Carla joined Garrigues in November 2000 and was promoted to partner in 2011. Until June 2022, she was a Corporate partner in Garrigues' San Sebastian office (Basque Country). In July 2022, she was appointed managing partner of Garrigues' New York office.
She is involved in transactions such as purchase and sale of shares and assets, joint ventures, corporate restructurings with transactional elements, with a particular focus on Italy, the U.S. and Canada. She also provides ongoing advice on contractual matters, including vertical agreements, licensing agreements, collaboration and specialization agreements.
Carla is fluent in Spanish, English and Italian.
- Law Degree (JD) from the Universidad de Valladolid.
- Dottore in Giurisprudenza (JD) from the Universitá degli Studi di Bologna.
- Research in comparative private law and commercial contract law at UC Berkeley Law School (Boalt Hall).
Carla is a professor of Private International Law (International Contracts) at the Law School of Universidad de Deusto. She is also a regular speaker at seminars and conferences of the Firm and various specialized centers.
Gipuzkoa Bar Association.
- IFRL 1000 "Notable Practitioner" 2021-2022.
- "Lawyer of the year 2014" for Corporate and M&A practice by Best Lawyers.
- "Best Lawyer" for Corporate and M&A practice from 2015 to date.
- "Client Choice Award" in the 2015 and 2016 editions, by the British legal publication International Law Office under General Corporate category.