The Garrigues Intellectual Property service (Garrigues IP) is renowned for its unique combination of exceptional IP know-how and the firm's expertise in other areas. Our team is made up of industrial property agents, engineers, designers, economists and lawyers, enabling us to provide 360º advice.
We protect our clients’ intangible assets from an integral, practical and strategic standpoint. To so do, we work in conjunction with the tax, antitrust, labor and employment, administrative law and criminal law departments of Garrigues.
The dedication, meticulous approach and integrity of our professionals has won the trust of clients ranging from startups to major multinationals. Our hard work is reflected in our success rate.
We like to get to know our clients’ business in order to offer definitive solutions. We prefer negotiation to litigation and our priority is to resolve issues as quickly, economically and effectively as possible, but we are experts in handling complex lawsuits if the need so arises. Our lawyers are particularly valued for their ability to deliver innovative and highly sophisticated solutions in situations of uncertainty.
The dedication, quality and leadership of the Garrigues Intellectual Property service has been recognized by the most prestigious international directories, in which our clients have endorsed the excellence of our work.
- Our team has extensive experience in litigation and arbitration proceedings in relation to industrial and intellectual property, digital businesses, unfair competition and advertising.
- Broad expertise in advising digital businesses, including online stores, content platforms, search engines, social networks and web3 (metaverse, NFTs, AR, VR and XR).
- Audiovisual law, musical law, publishing law and art law. Advice on collective bargaining in relation to IP rights, including independent management entities.
- Multidisciplinary advice on patents, trade secrets, plant varieties and technology transfer.
- Advice on contractual and contentious matters, with a view to protecting fundamental rights, such as freedom of expression and information and the right to honor, privacy and personal portrayal.
- Advice on the registration of trademarks, patents and industrial designs through our own industrial property agency.
Architecture and Intellectual Property: Is it possible to protect a building?
Garrigues IP Blog.
2023: The most significant legal developments that companies in Spain should keep on their radar
Garrigues analyzes from every business law angle the most significant legislative changes that are due to arrive next year.