The Hotels and Tourism Service Line boasts a team of professionals with an in-depth knowledge of the industry, comprising the members of the firm who have participated most actively and have the greatest experience in the industry. The goal of providing clients services of the highest standard is achieved by having such a team. Furthermore, service lien personnel work closely with industry institutions and associations on a range of initiatives, such as the submission of potential legislative reforms.
As a multidisciplinary team, we deal with and provide solutions to a whole host of problems (in the tax, corporate/commercial, intellectual property, labor and employment, environmental, competition law, and other areas), with a designated coordinator in each of the major Spanish cities.
The main activities of this Service Line are as follows:
- The tax and legal design of investments or the start-up of tourism businesses (hotels, condo-hotels, timeshare arrangements, air, sea or land transportation businesses, travel agencies, Internet-based tourism businesses, etc.). Advice on and legal design and implementation of the vertical integration of various tourism businesses (hotels division, travel agency division, aviation division, cruise ship division, etc.).
- Acquisition of hospitality and tourism businesses in general (hotel chains, hotel operators or owners, travel agencies, transportation businesses, tourist cruises, etc.). Acquisition of assets (real estate, aircraft, vessels, etc.). Business internationalization: International tax planning and legal design, drafting and negotiation of contracts and coordination with member firms from our international network.
- Definition of transfer pricing policies. Quantitative analysis and legal documentation for intra-group transactions.
- Formation of joint ventures to start-up and manage businesses. Global (tax and legal) analysis of business restructuring processes and their implementation.
- Tax audits at enterprises. Due diligence reviews of the main tax and legal issues.
- Analysis, drafting and negotiation of contracts in general and contracts for services (hotel management, hotel leases, combined travel agreements, agency agreements, transportation agreements, aircraft charter parties, etc.) in particular. Design of executive and employee compensation programs in cases of international assignment.
- International projects and advisory services related to international agencies and governments.
- Litigation department for disputes arising from acquisitions and sales already made. Litigation with clients and/or suppliers.
- Tax and legal aspects of business and asset finance (asset finance for hotels, vessels, aircraft, etc.)
- Applications for and obtainment of administrative permits and licenses for opening or operating of tourism businesses or activities. Assistance with administrative inspections and appeals filed against the authorities (central, autonomous community or local government) and judicial review proceedings at court.
- Labor and employment advisory services (hiring of personnel, legislation applicable to foreigners, employee compensation, working hours, disciplinary proceedings, collective layoff procedures, etc.).
- Public subsidies: analysis of the public aid available based on the geographical area, activity or business and nature of the investment. Assistance with preparing the documentation required to apply for the aid. Periodic review of compliance with the requirements.
- Environmental advisory services: technical and legal review of the level of compliance with environmental legislation. Advice on environmental investment projects. Obtainment of the certificates required to take tax credits.
- Agreements on intellectual property rights. Advice on new information technologies.