Garrigues counts with a highly specialized team of transport and shipping industry professionals, bringing together practitioners from the various practice areas. Our team is widely held to rank among the most prestigious and renowned in the market.
Our multidisciplinary approach and degree of expertise enables us to provide comprehensive advisory services to the transport industry, giving our clients added value.
Transport and Logistics
- Air transport, aviation law and airport law.
- National and international road transport and inland transport.
- Railway transport and railway infrastructures.
- River transport.
- Multimodal transport law.
- Logistics and advice to auxiliary transport services (agents, freight forwarders, depots, etc.).
- Dry shipping- Charterparties, bills of lading, carriage contracts and maritime contracts.
- Admiralty- casualties, marine accidents and occurrences, marine pollution and emergency response.
- Ports and Terminals- operations, port law, sanctioning proceedings and tenders & authorizations.
- Dispute Resolution: cargo claims, commercial claims, ship arrest and enforcement and maritime proceedings.
- Insurance & Reinsurance: hull and machinery, P&I, civil liability and other insurance.
- Finance, building, sale & purchase, flagging and registering of ships and aircrafts.
- Integral advice to ship-owners and to auxiliary transport services.
- Administrative regulations on shipping lines.
- Specific shipping areas: fishing & aquaculture, yachts and leisure, cruise lines.
International trade and banking practice
- International sale of goods and standard practice and customs.
- Banking practice in international trade: letters of credits and performance bonds.
- Judicial and extrajudicial advice on standard practice in international trade.