Roberto Muñoz Luna
Roberto is Principal Senior Associate of Garrigues – Real Estate department. He has qualified to practice in Mexico and Spain. He was admitted to the Barcelona Bar Association in 2010 (member num. 34434) and joined Garrigues in January 2007.
He is a frequent speaker on such topics as real estate investment opportunities and construction law in Mexico and Spain, and has contributed in several publications (mainly in Construction Law).
Roberto is a recognized lawyer with more than 10 years of experience and practice in Spain, specialized in Real Estate and Construction Law particularly in turn-key and build-to-suit/build-to-lease industrial and logistic developments, where he has been actively involved in foreign investments and highly sophisticated operations undertaken by major international players (mainly private equity funds and trust alike entities headquartered in the US and the UK) and also by top local players and investors in Spain, and foreign investment departments of real estate developers in investments in Eastern Europe, Northern Europe, South America and Asia.
During the last years, Roberto has been actively involved in some of the most relevant and sophisticated real estate property transactions that have taken place in Spain.
- Degree in Law (Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México, Mexico City, 2001)
- Admitted to practice in Mexico (2001)
- Diploma of Advanced Studies – Analysis of Financial Leasing from an International - Cross-Border Perspective (Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain, 2006)
- PhD in Law (candidate) – International Security Interests in Personal Property – Art. 9 UCC (Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain)
- Validation of Mexican Law Degree in Spain (The Spanish Ministry of Education and Science & Universitat Pompeu Fabra, 2009)
- Member of the Barcelona Bar Association (2010)
- Certificate of Proficiency in English (University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations)
Construction Law – Theory & Practice (Spain), Thompson Reuters, 2016.