Pablo Molina Alegre
He has a wealth of experience in the areas of zoning law, mandatory condemnation, special real estate (above all ports and coasts) and the environment.
He is a member of various professional organizations:
- Secretary on the Executive Board of the Spanish Town Planning Association, 2010-2013.
- Secretary on the Executive Committee of the Iberian-American Town Planning Association, 2012 - 2014.
- Secretary on the Executive Board of the Town Planners’ Association of Cataluña, 2009-2014.
- Member of the Planning Committee of the Tourism Panel of the Department of Business and Employment of the Cataluña Autonomous Community Government in 2013-2014.
- Member of the Fundación del Mundo Rural Think Tank under the auspices of the Department of Agriculture of the Cataluña Autonomous Community Government in 2013.
He has contributed to an array of seminars and conferences in relation to all key aspects of zoning procedures, noteworthy examples including:
- Seminar: “e-government”, as part of the postgraduate new technologies program at Universidad de la Salle, 2003.
- Seminar: “European Union Environmental Law”, as part of the Master’s Degree in Environmental Studies, Universidad de la Salle, 2003-2004.
- Lecturer on the module on “Administrative Law II – Zoning Law” on the postgraduate program in real estate and construction studies, Universidad de Barcelona, Economics Faculty, 2005 and 2006.
- Seminar: “The legal regime governing condo-hotels” as part of the conference organized by Grupo Recoletos. February 2007
- Seminar: “Different Land Condemnation Appraisals. Activity and Business Appraisals” within the framework of the Seminars on Mandatory Condemnation organized by Escuela de Administración Pública de Catalunya, January 2008.
- Speaker at the “XIII Ibero-American Planning Congress”. Monterrey, October 15 to 18, 2008. Speech on “Gated communities in metropolitan areas”, October 2008.
- Two papers at the XIV Ibero-American Planning Congress in Tenerife: “The New Regulation on Tourism Uses of Land” and “The legal regime governing condo-hotels. October 2010.
- Speaker at the “I Conference on Spanish and Colombian Zoning Law”. Universidad Pontificia Javeriana. Bogotá. September 2012.
- Organizer of the XV Ibero-American Planning Congress. Moderated a round table on Zoning and New Technologies. Conference on “In favor of clear, ubiquitous and transparent zoning information” September 2012.
- Participation in the round table on the new Balearic Islands Tourism Law organized by the Balearic Islands Town Planners Association. February 2013.
- Speech at the Conference on the New Coasts Law staged by the Cadiz Architects Association. June 2013.
- Moderator at the World Town Planning Day Conference (2012 y 2013)
- Speaker at the International Seminars on Zoning Challenges and Governability on “Property Law in Spain”. Universidad Pontificia Javeriana. Bogotá. September 2013.
Co-director of the first edition of the Master’s Degree in Zoning Law of the Barcelona Bar Association. Lecturer on the above course (2007-2008)
Co-director of the second edition of the Master’s Degree in Zoning Law of the Barcelona Bar Association. Lecturer on the above course (2008-2009).
Member of the Barcelona Bar Association.
Degree in Law from Universidad Pompeu Fabra, 1997.
First year of a doctorate at Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, 1998.
Postgraduate studies in real estate and zoning law (ESADE), 1998.
Diplôme d’Études Approfondis en Droit Européen from Université de Liège, earning a “Grande Distinction”. Presentation (2000) and defense (2001) within the academic program of the thesis on: “Le Droit de Propriété Immobilière dans le cadre du système juridique communautaire et de la Cour Européenne des Droits de l’Homme” in 1998.
Associate’s Degree in Zoning (2004-2006).
Master’s Degree in Planning and Zoning Studies (2004-2006).
Thesis: contributions to the Strategic Coastal Plan of the Barcelona Metropolitan Region, measures for urban regeneration and social cohesion.
Postgraduate studies in Zoning Management (UPC) in 2006.
- Thesis: contributions to the Strategic Coastal Plan of the Barcelona Metropolitan Region, measures for urban regeneration and social cohesion (at www.plalitoral.net).
- The essential link between environmental and social sustainability (co-author, speech to the XII Ibero-American Planning Congress).
- Rehousing, an essential instrument in zoning operations in consolidated urban nucleuses (co-author, speech to the IV Planning Law Congress).
- Professionals in Globalized Zoning Law” (co-author, in Inmobiliaria Empresarial no. 54).
- Chapter on “Different Land Condemnation Appraisals. Activity and Business Appraisals” as part of the Seminars on Mandatory Condemnation in Cataluña, appraisal methods and procedural issues. Josep-Enric Rebés i Solé and Judith Gifreu i Font (Editors) Ed. Escola d’Administració Pública de Catalunya. Barcelona. 2008.
- Article on “Gated communities in metropolitan areas” in Rizoma (Quarterly journal of Agenda for urban development planning in Nuevo León) no. 10. Oct. Dec. 2008.