Milagros Villavicencio is a Garrigues associate. Prior to joining Garrigues she worked as an associate in the Labor Law practice of Estudio Philippi, Prietocarrizosa, Ferrero DU & Uría (2016) and at Estudio Delmar Ugarte Abogados (2013-2015).
She has professional experience in the following fields:
- Preparation of legal reports on labor matters in accordance with Peruvian law, as well as evaluation of specific cases for the issuance of legal opinions.
- Preparation of due diligence reports for financing transactions and business acquisitions.
- Assistance in judicial proceedings involving labor and constitutional matters, by proposing strategies, preparing submissions and acting in court.
- Advice on the implementation of occupational health and safety systems, and resolution of queries in this area.
- Advice on collective matters, such as consultation processes, negotiations and signature of company and industry collective labor agreements.
- Advice on hiring of foreign personnel, from preparation of the employment contract to obtainment of worker immigration status.
- Day-to-day advice to domestic and international companies on labor and employment matters, such as hiring of personnel, payment of welfare benefits, dismissal procedures, among others.
Degree, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Lima - Peru, 2013),
Lawyer, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Lima - Peru, 2014), specializing in labor and social security law.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration and Personnel Management, Universidad de Ciencias Aplicadas-UPC (Lima-Peru, 2016).
Co-author of the article “Good Faith in Collective Bargaining and Bad Faith as a ground for recourse to arbitration. Exception or rule?” (*), published in Soluciones Laboral, edition 79, July 2014.
(*) originally published in Spanish. See Spanish CV for more details.