Javier Fernández Rivaya
Javier Fernández Rivaya is a principal associate in the Administrative Law, Planning and Zoning, and Environmental department.
He has extensive experience in the following areas, among others:
- Legal assistance and representation in administrative and court proceedings across all regulated areas (e.g. healthcare, water, energy, infrastructure, gaming, domestic trade and the securities market), with special focus on penalties.
- Legal representation in proceedings for constitutional protection.
- Drafting legal opinions on all matters relating to public procurement.
- Preparing terms of reference and defining PPP models for the construction and entry into operation of infrastructure.
- Advising on public property.
- Legal reviews of companies in industries subject to administrative oversight.
- Assistance with subsidies and State aid, including recovery proceedings.
- Advice on planning and zoning and on the environment.
Javier Fernández Rivaya is a member of the Madrid Bar Association.
Degree in Law, Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
Executive Master’s Degree in Planning, Centro de Estudios Garrigues.
Author of the book “Laws on Sponsorship and Foundations (Commentary on Law 49/2002, of December 23, 2002, on the tax treatment of not-for-profit entities and tax incentives for sponsorship, and on Law 50/2002, of December 26, 2002, on Foundations” (*). Editorial La Ley, Madrid, 2003.
(*) originally published in Spanish. See Spanish CV for more information.