Javier Arazuri Herce
In 1991, he began practicing as an employment and labor lawyer at Cuatrecasas Abogados, where he remained until August 1996. He joined Garrigues in September 1996, since when he has worked in the Barcelona Employment and Labor Law Department.
He has extensive experience in all areas of employment and labor law and in industrial relations (with workers’ elected representatives and labor unions). He has in-depth knowledge of the problems faced by senior executives (employment/independent contractor relationships, golden parachute clauses, non-competition clauses, etc.) and is an expert on business restructuring processes with labor law implications (labor force downsizing, company or workplace closure, modification of working conditions) and on the negotiation of company collective labor agreements.
He has contributed to and is a regular speaker at specialist seminars, conferences and courses on labor law.
Barcelona Bar Association.
Degree in Law (1989), Universidad de Barcelona, Universidad de Zaragoza
- Speaker, Seminar on “Hiring Flexibility in the Automotive Industry” (*), Adecco. May 2005.
- Speaker, Seminar on “Tax and Legal Framework for Senior Executives” (*), Foment del Treball Nacional. March 2003.
- Speaker, Seminar on “Collective Layoff Procedures. Termination and Holding in Abeyance of Employment Contracts” (*), Executive Seminars. May 2002.
Articles and Publications:
- “Hiring of Commercial Personnel” (*). Quantor Newsletter no. 59, June 2005.
- “Outsourcing. Labor Law Implications” (*). Consell Obert Journal.
(*) originally given/published in Spanish. For further information, see Spanish version of CV.