Diego Rodriguez Titos
Diego Rodríguez is a partner in Garrigues’ Tax Law Department, where he has pursued his entire professional career. He started out in September 1990 at Arthur Andersen Asesores Legales y Tributarios, which subsequently merged with what is today known as J&A Garrigues, where he continues to work. He made partner in September 2003. He specializes in international taxation, the taxation of artistes, sportspersons and entities from the world of sports and entertainment, gambling and, in particular, online gambling.
He has been a lecturer in international taxation at the Faculty of Law at Universidad Ramon Llull (ESADE) since 1998/1999. Lecturer in international taxation on the Master’s Degree in Tax Advice and Management at ESADE. Lecturer on the taxation of artistes and sportspersons on the Master’s Degree in Sports Management organized by IDEC for Universidad Pompeu Fabra (UPF) since the 2005/2006 academic year. Lecturer in taxation on the Alfredo di Stefano Master’s Degree in the Management of Sports Entities sponsored by Fundación del Real Madrid and organized by Universidad Europea de Madrid since the 2005/2006 academic year. From its beginnings back in 2008, he has contributed regularly as a lecturer in taxation on the Master’s Degree in Science and Innovation Leadership and Management organized by Institut d’ Educació Continuada (IDEC) at Universidad Pompeu Fabra.
Regular contributor to seminars and publications (“International Tax Review”, etc.) specializing in international taxation and sports & entertainment.
Diego Rodríguez is a member of the Barcelona Bar Association.
Degree in Law from Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona (June 1989).
- Coauthor of the book “Sports Law in Spain 1975-2005”, Ignacio Jiménez Soto and Estanislao Arana García (coordinators), chapter on “Sports Law and Tax Law”, published in November 2005, in Seville, by the Andalucía Autonomous Community Department of Tourism, Trade and Sports.
- Coauthor of the book “Legal Studies on Corporate Restructuring Transactions” published by the Garrigues Collection (Editorial Thomson Aranzadi), chapter on “Corporate migration: a multidisciplinary review”.
- Article published in EXPANSION on November 20, 2010: “The taxation of the bonuses of the Spanish national team”.
- Article published in EXPANSION on July 3, 2012: “The bonuses of the Spanish national team will not be taxed in Poland and the Ukraine”.
- Article published in the December 2011 issue of the INTERNATIONAL TAX REVIEW: “Treaty and TIEA Update – New tax treaty with Germany and new protocol with Switzerland. List of tax havens shortened”.